Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Is Liquid Spoony still around?
Yes but he's a cuck.

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:21 pm

WAAAAY later, Teenager Noah finally got his own 80486 PC with Windows 95, and when he tried to play those older games his brother played on Dad's DOS workstation, of course it didn't work and that's where his fabled "knowledge" of older PC RPGs came from. He probably didn't play them all, only the ones he would be able to run on his own machine - so no Wizardy or Might and Magic or Eye of the Beholder for Teenager Noah, only Dos-Box-enabled Adult Noah would be able to play that garbage.
I think he only watched his older brother show him the older Ultima games, and then personally only played a few of the later games (maybe even just IX). His actual hands-on experience with the series is likely very limited and it's mostly just more nostalgia for him. He was mostly a nes/snes kid growing up and probably only got his personal PC in 1997.

Also, it seems he's just dreadful at video games. He talks about Nocturne, and Persona 3-4 as really hard games that have super hard bosses that take hours to beat and I've never heard anyone talk about those games like that. Maybe Nocturne. I never played them.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Pissona is pretty forgiving and easy, especially later one when you can get some broken-ass Personas that will cause your grinding to snowball because they're so powerful you can solo pretty much all encounters in the final dungeons (minus the final boss).
I think my MVP was a Satan who was at least resistant to everything, had the strongest AoE spells, and would restore all of your HP and MP at the end of the battle so you can just alpha strike everything forever.
Bosses that "take hours" is a typical Spoonyism. The closest thing you'll ever see to this is Persona 3's final boss fight that will probably take you almost an hour because the fucker has like a dozen fucking forms and your party AI ain't exactly helping in taking him down super efficiently.

Nocturne is oldschool af with dungeons that do not fuck around and bosses that will rape you if you have the wrong party composition.
The Maniax version adds a whole set of new boss encounters, including the unavoidable Matador early on in the game who will fuck your shit up if you're still thinking this is just your casual JRPG.
And then there's Mot who can nuke you to Kingdom Come whenever the RNG feels like it, with you being unable to do anything about it (he has an action that gives him free turns).

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Nocturne is oldschool af with dungeons that do not fuck around and bosses that will rape you if you have the wrong party composition.
I hadn't gotten to that part yet. I'm still on SMT2, and honestly so far MG1-2 and SMT1-2 have been really easy quite forgiving games. I was wondering if III is somehow a step up. The SMT games are meant to be console Wizardry games that are dumbed down and streamlined to be accessible to children and teenagers.

Don'tAnalizeMeBro!

Post by Don'tAnalizeMeBro! » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:35 pm
Don'tAnalizeMeBro! wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:29 pm
So does The Spoony One Tweet any more? Do we even know if he's still alive these days?
He hasn't tweeted in months. The only reason we assume he's alive is because his amazon wishlist gets updated every once in a while.
Thanks.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 pm
The SMT games are meant to be console Wizardry games that are dumbed down and streamlined to be accessible to children and teenagers.
Not the worst idea for once as especially Wizardry 2 can be utter bullshit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:31 pm

WRPGs are for gays.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:31 pm
WRPGs are for gays.
>wrpg
Spoken like a true faggot.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:46 pm

cRPG is the true chad term where all the good non-analog rpgs fall under (except anything made by Bioware ever)

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:17 pm

Especially dumb to champion JRGPs when the talk is about Wizardry, which was basically the template for all JRPGs for decades.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!