Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
wulfenlord

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by wulfenlord » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:16 pm

In my headcanon Noah's group was full of min maxing cheating fucks so that they could feel better about their miserable life, with not a single ability score of the spoony bard being untampered :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:52 pm

RedLine wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:16 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:48 am
You simply cannot interact with enemy npc casters in that way.
Can't your group make up whatever rules they want?
If you get a room of needs to agree on them, sure. But then you're talking about house rules and not specifically about the way it's supposed to work according to the rule book.

All my experience with AD&D 2nd Edition is exclusively from Goldbox games, so I don't know either. I haven't seen a reason to take a Bard. Just get a proper caster instead and let the lute-playing git rot in the tavern.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:03 am

That's the proper role for a bard, unless you're talking about 4th Edition bards - those guys are insanely powerful AND versatile.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:38 am

SpoilerShow
The primary use of the Bard in Baldur's Gay is as a mage tank. You can use a standard mage for the same purpose but Bards level using the Thief xp table, which means they level faster. Which means they cast at a higher level and spells with duration or efficacy that improves on level are more effective with a Bard than a Mage.

What this means is they are a good unit to buff up with arcane defensive magic and send them in to tank damage. With spells like Stoneskin, Mirror Image, Blur etc, they can stay alive a long time. Bards also cast Dispel and Remove Magic at a higher level than a Mage of the same xp value, which means their ability to dispel enemy protections is much better than said Mage. Their Magic Missile is also going to hit a higher level threshold (more projectiles in bg) sooner.
But this is all in context of the gayme, using 2E rules as a base. I have no idea what homebrew rules Noah and his room full of nerds-that-totally-exist-in-real-life-who-he-plays-with are using.

You can argue Mage is better than Bard even in Baldur's Gay, but Mage is better than everything. Mage is top 3 of classes in Baldur's Gay and top 1 is just fighter plus mage. That's why conversations about meta of that game become tedious so fucking quickly. Everything devolves to "various flavor of mage or fighter + mage."
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

BloodKnightDollfie

Post by BloodKnightDollfie » Tue May 09, 2023 10:30 am

Does he still receive royalty checks from TGWTG/CA film residuals? I think Nostalgia Critic is richer than he's letting on. Spoony is living my ideal lifestyle rn ngl. I wanna be still gaming at 40+ without any responsibilities. Society is shit and women are rotten to the core so it's good he doesn't work. If his fans consist of Shooter_Andy, Justin_Jinson and their furry ilk, I'm glad he's rinsing them monthly. Although Ideally I would be glad if they all starved to death.

DHI needs to view Spoony as one of those men who checked out of society for rejection of it's degeneracy. I know it's a lie but that's how I'd rewrite this part of his career history if he decided to make a comeback.

His Legacy and body of work is still unmatched to this day.
"^NOT A KIGURUMI!" - DHI

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 09, 2023 11:45 am

He's not rejecting degeneracy.
He is degeneracy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 09, 2023 5:05 pm

BloodKnightDollfie wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:30 am
Does he still receive royalty checks from TGWTG/CA film residuals?
Still? What do you mean "still"? None of them ever got royalties whatsoever.
They got BlipBlipBlip ad revenue for their own videos they hosted. That's it.
CA never paid them. For the anniversary films they got food and board plus some travelling costs covered.

They were neither employees, nor contracted for anything. We're talking about amateurs that just so happened to be able to made ad money on midrolls.

Noah's only income is from some YT views and his paypigs every three months when he can be arsed to stream.

I'd be able to respect him if he did milk the wheelchairs and ran this Internet grift into the ground and made off with fat stacks.
Instead, at the hight of his popularity, he just decided to fuck all of his shit up by becoming a 24/7 whiny twitter addict. For no reason at all!
He's performed self-sabotage on levels even DSP couldn't imagine.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue May 09, 2023 5:12 pm

Philliam Goutnell would never pass on the opportunity to milk those whales dry. Shamefur dispray, Noah.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed May 10, 2023 10:08 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:12 pm
Philliam Goutnell would never pass on the opportunity to milk those whales dry. Shamefur dispray, Noah.
>Phillian, what's best in life?
>To crush my bank account, pull sweaty men in speedos, and hear the lamentations of the paypigs

For Sploogy, anything but being coddled like a big gugu gaga baby, and being constantly reminded how special and smart he is, is too much effort and responsibility.

BloodKnightDollfie

Post by BloodKnightDollfie » Wed May 17, 2023 10:00 am

He's working his way through DS9. Reports of his comeback were greatly exaggerated it would appear.
He's not made a follow up appearance on conversations with curtis. His final cuts of the 5 reviews he posted he admits even he's not satisfied with them.
"^NOT A KIGURUMI!" - DHI