Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:11 pm

pibbs wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm
What McDonald's serves donuts? Is that a Cucknadian thing because I've never seen that on the menu.
They have them here as well. They're not good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:21 pm

Of course they're not. Would be the first thing on their menu they ever got right.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:21 am

Yeah... this is also in the render que.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:17 am

>Roll20
Gee, I wonder if the largest virtual tabletop site that that sells official Cyberpunk books and assets would be a good idea...

Though I don't think it really matters which virtual tabletop site he becomes obsessed with (and then whines about the user interface). They're pretty much identical in that over half of the player base will likely play D&D 5e, a third or so is split between Pathfinder and Call of Cthulhu, and all the other losers have to make do with the remaining percentages.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 pm

The knowledge that anyone plays 5e is painful, and I don't even play tabletop. I just know about 5e through the cancerous vidya gaems.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm

It's in the nature of the industry. Any virtual tabletop site/service is bound to be dominated by groups playing Current Edition of The World's Most Popular Roleplaying Game (tm).
Except for maybe that one time everyone hated 4e and played Pathfinder instead.

Things might change in the future though, considering D&D books haven't sold well in a while, the upcoming "new" edition (aka 5.5) doesn't look like it'll turn things around, and they've pissed off the various Actual Play podcasts that helped promote 5e with their botched attempt to get a slice of their ad income.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:54 pm

As long as there are niggers and faggots on the books, I'm not buying them, and I used to buy a whole bunch of D&D books back in the day. Now I'll just play Gloomhaven or Scythe or Catan with the bros.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pm

I've played games based on 3.0, 3.5, variations on Pathfinder, proprietary systems aping D&D, and yet the most enjoyable gaming experiences by far have all been with AD&D -derived systems. It's the only one where classes seem to actually matter. Neverwinter Nights lets you multiclass on a per-level basis, which is cancerous. It means too many builds end up blobby and able to do everything. 3.5 and shit feel too... Well, it depends on the game. KotoR has no fucking build variety because they dumbed the systems down too hard for SWtards. The other 3.5 games have the blobby problem. Fagon Age Origins makes a bunch of pointless changes but ultimately kinda ends up the same shit as KotoR. You either pick Mage, Fighter or Rogue and that's your build. Just like how KotoR has you pick Blasters, Rogue (shit) or Jedi and that's your build.

Shattered Lands is awesome. Every character is overpowered but the world is even more overpowered because it's Dark Sun.

I'm pretty sure all the gold box stuff is AD&D. Supposedly Icewind Dale 2 is 3rd Edition, which makes me not want to play it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pm
I'm pretty sure all the gold box stuff is AD&D.
Seems like it. The only old games I can think of using something else are the ones explicitly set in Mystara, the only official D&D setting designed for Basic D&D. Even those two Capcom beat 'em ups used the "race classes" from Basic D&D.
Supposedly Icewind Dale 2 is 3rd Edition, which makes me not want to play it.
A strange decision when Neverwinter Nights did the same thing with a more modern engine at the same time.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pm
I'm pretty sure all the gold box stuff is AD&D.
That is correct.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!