Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:47 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:22 pm
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:43 pm
the whole car drive where the bad guy kidnaps the girl felt like a fever dream
I originally liked that scene. Then they had to do it again in Highlander II. And then they had to do it again in Highlander III. Kinda wrecked it for me.
I actually like Highlander II because at least you can tell the actors knew they were working with a shitty script and did their best not to take it too seriously. Highlander III plays it a big straighter and it ends up just being a boring rehash of the first movie.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:05 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:47 am
I actually like Highlander II because at least you can tell the actors knew they were working with a shitty script and did their best not to take it too seriously. Highlander III plays it a big straighter and it ends up just being a boring rehash of the first movie.
II is one of the most strangely endearing films simply because it's so stupid and so weird. It makes no sense and the story behind the film is fascinating. Clearly someone in the production loved Blade Runner and it looks like someone repurposed a sci-fi script to become a Highlander film.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 am

I must admit, I've watched Highlander II more times than I should have. Every time they did a new director's cut edition, I checked it out. Not sure why they kept trying to polish that turd so many times.

It's an absolutely amazingly entertaining trainwreck. Unlike Highlander: The Source, which is just a huge pile of shit that should be avoided at all costs.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:33 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 am
I must admit, I've watched Highlander II more times than I should have. Every time they did a new director's cut edition, I checked it out. Not sure why they kept trying to polish that turd so many times.
All they did was redub and edit out the parts where they reveal that the Immortals are aliens by making them time travellers from Earth's distant, which creates more plot holes than it fixes. Basically the cinematic equivalent of putting a band-aid on a shotgun wound and the producers having only a superficial understanding of why their movie was so shitty. It's pretty clear the movie was filmed with the idea that Connor and Ramirez were from another world.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:36 am

Spoony: Quest for socks.

Anyone have any idea why he puts such mundane items on his wishlist?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:45 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:33 am
All they did was redub and edit out the parts where they reveal that the Immortals are aliens by making them time travellers from Earth's distant [past]
It's a little more that that. Yes, that first director's cut did that, but it also added in a bunch of essential scenes that weren't in the theatrical cut. They did at least one more director's cut after that where they changed the color of "the shield" in the atmosphere from red to blue for some autistic reason. I believe that's the current version that's on Blu-ray and streaming.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:47 am

The Dark Times residuals don't stretch all that far.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:36 am
Spoony: Quest for socks.
Anyone let down he just wants regular socks and not the programming ones?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:06 am

Socks and TV remote stacks? My guess is this is his "Xmas gifts for my demented parents"-list.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:10 am

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/9 ... s-antwiler

Let's look at some of the books The Ace is reading while Miles mopes in his bedroom:
  • The Will to Change: Men, Masculinity, and Love
    The End of Policing
    Becoming Abolitionists: Police, Protests, and the Pursuit of Freedom