Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:59 pm
And speaking of Wizardy, he never mentions that series at all ever in any post or video as far as I know. I'm getting the sense that maybe this self-proclaimed RPG master isn't as knowledgible as he claims he is. Just enough knowledge to wow the outsider but once you get a bit of knowledge on the series you see how superficial his knowledge really is.
If you could still ask him on twitter, he would probably spout some multi-tweet nonsense about how back in the day, you were either an Ultima fan or a Wizardry fan.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:45 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:55 pm
If you could still ask him on twitter, he would probably spout some multi-tweet nonsense about how back in the day, you were either an Ultima fan or a Wizardry fan.
It's so bad we have to create hypotheticals of what he'd say on twitter. I actually am starting to miss the guy.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:23 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:03 pm
Did he ever proclaim himself as an "RPG master", though? I mean, Noah is an insufferable IN on his own accord, you don't need to invent shit to criticize him.
He presents himself as an expert on Tabletop RPGs and Computer RPGS, not so much console ones. His mythology is that he's been playing them since a kid and has extensive knowledge of them.[/quite]

Ok, but there's quite a bridge between "my older brother used to play these really old PC RPGs and let me watch" and "I'm the Lord of Tekken RPGs". As far as I remember, Sploongy never went beyond that, nor claimed to ever have played every PC RPG in existence, only the Ultima series (and maybe one or other outliers? Does anyone want to go back to his ramblings to check? I thought so).

The reality seems different. His brother Doge showed him some of the Ultima games on the family PC back when he was a little kid, then little Noah played Final Fantasy games on the snes.

His disasterous Fallout 2 stream showed how little real experience he has with these games and ruined any illusions of expertise.
If I'm not mistaken, he claimed their family's first computer was a working machine from his dad's job, so I'm pretty sure Little Noah couldn't get his grubby hands anywhere near that machine unsupervised (his brother, being the older son, was probably the "80s kid who knows computers" of the Antwhiler house and, therefore, had permission to mess around with that). Who knows when the family got its first store-bought PC, but 10-year-old Noah would probably STILL not allowed to used it unsupervised as to not break something, so that's why he went to play JRPGs on his own (or, more.likely, his and his brother's) NES.

WAAAAY later, Teenager Noah finally got his own 80486 PC with Windows 95, and when he tried to play those older games his brother played on Dad's DOS workstation, of course it didn't work and that's where his fabled "knowledge" of older PC RPGs came from. He probably didn't play them all, only the ones he would be able to run on his own machine - so no Wizardy or Might and Magic or Eye of the Beholder for Teenager Noah, only Dos-Box-enabled Adult Noah would be able to play that garbage.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:59 pm
Watching some old vlogs in 2.5x speed in mpv that I missed from back in the day.
Get a job.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:45 pm
It's so bad we have to create hypotheticals of what he'd say on twitter. I actually am starting to miss the guy.
Why? 99% of what he said was the same topics/complaints over and over again.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:45 pm
New hashtag idea: #WWST (What Would Spoony Tweet?)

(Just imagine the most condescending response that doesn't actually answer any questions, coupled with some inane rambling that is probably supposed to come across as an internet tough guy with a nerd twist.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Is Liquid Spoony still around? It seems like people need him now more than ever.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Is Liquid Spoony still around?
Yes but he's a cuck.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Is Liquid Spoony still around?