Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Pepsi Man

Re: Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Post by Pepsi Man » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:59 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:10 am
Funny. He made a video bitching about YouTube shorts 3 weeks ago and a lot of the people quitting YouTube has been crying about them. They seem to think that YouTube should be pushing long from videos instead. Funny part is that no one cared about hour long videos on YouTube. YouTube was at its peak when they had the 10 minute limit per video. And TikTok has been a threat to YouTube for that reason as well. No one wants to sit watch something that will take an hour long to explain if they can get the same explanation in a minute.
Generally speaking, long form content is something you actively search for while the old 10-minute (or less) meta and, consequently, shorts are things that you casually watch and get lost in the algorithm with. None of these fucks should be bitching about this. It's basically made to cause you to get stuck in an algorithm loop of one person's videos or one basic type of video. It also gives them an excuse to reupload their old videos as previews of the full one, effectively double dipping.

But nah, better to bitch and quit instead of doing something sensible.

Did anyone ever mention that MatPat actually used to, and maybe still does, act as a business advisor for other YouTubers? A shift like this should be perfect for him to capitalize on and teach others to.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:35 pm

I guess he might know a thing or two, likely had inside contact to YT as well. But could you imagine asking this faggot for advice?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!