Game Cunts

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
McGinnis

Re: Game Cunts

Post by McGinnis » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:10 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:07 am
I'd say with Castlevania 2 he had more actual valid points. The OoT one on the other hand is steeped in his irrational hatred for 3D Zeldas.
I liked his Castlevania video because when I played Castlevania 2 I found it to be boring dogshit, in complete contrast with Castlevania which was a fun and exciting, and difficult, platform game.

Seriously, Zelda 2 was a much better execution of the Castlevania 2 concept

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:01 pm

His Zelda video was especially bad because he clearly didn't even understand the very shallow and designed for 12yr olds combat system.

He is still far off from the absolute masters of being objectively wrong about any aspect of vidya: Extra Credits.
I couldn't even try to be as wrong as possible and succeed in it so well. I have never heard a single thought about vidya from them in all those years that wasn't just bad but 100% wrong. I doubt they could even state what colour Pacman is and be correct.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:01 pm
He is still far off from the absolute masters of being objectively wrong about any aspect of vidya: Extra Credits
Because he quit like a bitch. I mean, he went from 'pretty good critique' to 'full retard' in the space of four videos. That's gotta be a record. If he'd actually stuck with game criticism and didn't just dedicate himself full time to talking over vidya for his legions of 12 year old fans he'd probably be entertaining us with many more hot takes that make you think 'God, what a retard'

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 pm

I forgot what the 4th video was.

I remember not liking the Castlevania 2 one because he defended the NPCs saying gibberish because the manual says they lie as if an exploring game having nonsense as hints are good.

Zelda OOT was horrible because it feels like he was pandering to muh nostalgia NES fanboys like Mike Matei. Ripping OOT apart about exploration and I think LTTP as well but saying that NES Zelda was perfect with that even though most people without any guides will have zero clue what the fuck to do getting lost left and right. I remember how hard the game was due to that. I have beaten a lot of Zelda games and RPGs without getting lost so it's not the genre that's the problem. NES Zelda was just bad with this. Even Zelda 2 was better at this. And like I pointed out Zelda OOT video aged poorly since this dumb fuck didn't know how to use his shield to block in Skyward Sword even though that ability has been there since the original.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 pm
I forgot what the 4th video was.
The Zelda one. The third video was a short one where he complained the alt weapons in Castlevania 4 were pretty much pointless
Dehbashi wrote:
I remember not liking the Castlevania 2 one because he defended the NPCs saying gibberish because the manual says they lie as if an exploring game having nonsense as hints are good.
I don't believe he did though, I believe he actually complained about the lying NPCs. I don't really want to check because I really can't stand to listen to his voice any more

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:50 am

Oh yeah. Castlevania 4. That always bothered me that people complained about the 8 directional whip. I do think you still need the sub weapons since there was still limits on distance with the whip. It was why I was disappointed in Dracula X when they removed it. Maybe because I actually don't like the NES Castlevanias due to how broken the controls were.

Also I thought that was the one part that he defended. But yeah we are in an agreement that we don't really want to check to confirm it

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:18 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:50 am
I do think you still need the sub weapons since there was still limits on distance with the whip.
Not really. I replay it every once in a while and I've never needed to use the alt weapons. Maybe against Dracula and maybe if you play a new game plus, which is supposed to be harder, there might be some use for them. But, in most situations, the whip is enough, unlike the NES Castlevanias

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:30 pm

If you really needed the subweapons he'd complain about it being bad game design as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:56 pm

He probably would.

It's almost a shame he quit doing them

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Really the only occasionally useful sub-weapon is the cross, since it stays on screen for almost forever (if the level design is accommodating enough).
Dehbashi wrote:
And like I pointed out Zelda OOT video aged poorly since this dumb fuck didn't know how to use his shield to block in Skyward Sword even though that ability has been there since the original.
You see, the superior 2D Zeldas didn't force you to learn such an unintuitive control scheme because Link was blocking automatically :roll:

I also reckon the Skyward Sword videos are full of their classic tism:
>NPC tells you where to go
>skip the NPC dialogue
>WTF dude where am I supposed to go?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette