Post by Complicity » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:24 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:40 pm
No, he's not dead yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHZ-5M0gVw

Just Some Random Guy

Re: Jim Spergling

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:50 am

The degree to which he's losing subscribers is notable. Prolonged subscriber loss doesn't tend to happen on YouTube; instead, you just stagnate and don't get more subscribers. But he's been losing subscribers basically every month for a while now.

But the subscriber count probably isn't that important to him; presumably his real money is from Patreon, where he's netting $10,000/month. Granted, his Patreon has been on a perpetual decline for about a year and a half (mid 2021 he was at $15,000/month), but that's still a very large sum to be making per month, and that could be cut in half and he'd still have a quite livable income off Patreon alone. A few years down the line this might be an actual issue for him if the pattern continues, but he's still doing fine in that department now.

I don't think it's specifically him going trans (well, non-binary if the distinction matters) that has prompted this. It's actually improbable that by itself caused much, given that apparently his videos had been becoming more and more politically liberal so if you were still watching the guy by that point it's probably not something you would've cared about. Heck, sometimes when people go trans they get boosts in popularity, like PhilosophyTube. But that wasn't the case for Sterling.

So what's going on there? Well, I haven't been watching him, but from what I've heard, his content itself has gotten worse and worse since, although I admit that this is mostly on the basis of people who didn't like him much even before; still, the perception is that even if his content right before going trans wasn't great, it's gotten worse since. That is probably the explanation for his continually decreased popularity. Plenty of people clearly are fine watching a trans person on YouTube as you can see with such channels that are gaining subscribers, but even they're going to bail if the content is bad enough, or deviates enough from what drew them to the channel to begin with.

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:16 am

It's more that he clearly doesn't care about vidya anymore so the videos are a mishmash of being a wannabe backyard wrestler, wannabe breadtuber, spending his paymetons money on Bogglins or whatever random shit he saw on Ebay and showing it off to the camera, troon shit, and maybe squeeze a few minutes in to talk about whatever video game controversy was big 2 weeks ago. Even then, you can safely guess what his take will be (Capitalism bad, AAA bad, crunch bad, gamers bad) so there isn't much point sitting through a 15 minute video to see what happens.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:46 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:50 am
The degree to which he's losing subscribers is notable. Prolonged subscriber loss doesn't tend to happen on YouTube; instead, you just stagnate and don't get more subscribers. But he's been losing subscribers basically every month for a while now.
As you said, this usually doesn't happen until some "scandal" makes people virtue signal to unsubscribe. Like Channel Awesome during Change the Diaper and ProJared and his open relationship. Even then their subscriber count went up after a while.

I haven't heard about some scandal Spergling has been in. So the only thing is that the quality of his channel is God awful that people are unsubscribing in disgust.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:39 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:46 am
As you said, this usually doesn't happen until some "scandal" makes people virtue signal to unsubscribe. Like Channel Awesome during Change the Diaper and ProJared and his open relationship. Even then their subscriber count went up after a while.

I haven't heard about some scandal Spergling has been in. So the only thing is that the quality of his channel is God awful that people are unsubscribing in disgust.
Well, it wasn't just a loss of subscribers--it's the fact it's prolonged. Normally when there's a scandal there can be a big drop in subscriptions, but that's not something that normally sticks over time; you just see a big subscription loss for a short period. There hasn't really been any big sudden drop off in subscribers, but a gradual loss over time.

I also wonder if perhaps people are turned off by the thumbnails they'd be seeing in their subscription feed. Here's the thumbnails for the last 12 videos on the channel:

Probably not what a lot of people would want to be seeing. So maybe someone might keep subscribed despite not generally watching videos thinking "well, maybe there will be a video on a topic I want" and then they eventually get tired of the thumbnails. Maybe I'm overrating the thumbnail effect though.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:48 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:11 am
If it was actually killing trannies, it would be a great game.
Well, they're already trying to spin this case into being Rowling's fault (like every other troon death in a NATO nation) :roll:
Heck, sometimes when people go trans they get boosts in popularity, like PhilosophyTube.
One might suspect this was what he was trying to achieve.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:04 am

But the subscriber count probably isn't that important to him
Sadly, this is very much true. The patreon shield will keep the fatty afloat for a very long time, since what's left at this point are likely the most die-hard faggots and trannies supporting him, and those won't go away as long as he will keep up the good fight, I mean keep pumping out shitty videos about tranny genocide.

I used to watch a video of his from time to time, loooong time ago, back when TotalCancer didn't even know he had it. And he just covered video games - I've quickly stopped caring, because he was just regurgitating whatever was the safe opinion of the week, like "fuck Konami". Boring and annying, that was his motto. Spergling was always obnoxious, narcissistic twat, but just like with John Bain, when people show off being very confident about something, even if it's going around with huge purple dildos, it's going to attract peasants - we are instinctively driven to follow who we perceive as leading figures, which is why such delusional faggots can gain any following to begin with.

However, people will quickly stop caring about your charisma if you suddenly start talking about something completely unrelated. So I am not at all surprised he's bleeding subs if he turned his channel into "fat tranny rambles about random things", but sadly, this isn't nowhere near enough, the fat bastard is still getting plenty of views (which matter a whole lot more than subs, if he's reaching new audiences and gaining relevant subs, he could be fine for a very long time if he keeps the same retention), way more than he deserves, which is obviously 0. Clearly, we have to hope those freaks will all off themselves.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 am

I think it's less likely Spergeling's thumbnails are pissing people off and more likely the content of his videos is pissing people off. His life has also become more of a clown show ever since the wife divorced him. Now he's an autismo wrassle wrassler, a transsexual and still as fat as Boogie.

Back in the old days, when he was just a fat fuck, you could pretend that his stupid outfits were part of a persona, and that the "real Spergeling" wasn't like that. That he was just some normal person who was super fucking fat and liked vidya gaems. But his trans-formation has put paid to that line of thinking. The weird glove fetish, the clown outfits, becoming his own wife, wrestling in a silver garbage sack, screaming about hogwarts and virtue signalling on every game release.... Dude has become a living meme.

People will watch a train wreck. But they don't generally want to be seen as in favor of train wrecks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:15 am

That glove fetish ain't weird. It's the proper fashion attire for a true goff gurl.
Or steem punck gurl.
Whatever this Fat-Freddy-Kruger-with-a-top-hat getup is supposed to be.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:11 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 am
But his trans-formation has put paid to that line of thinking. The weird glove fetish, the clown outfits, becoming his own wife, wrestling in a silver garbage sack, screaming about hogwarts and virtue signalling on every game release.... Dude has become a living meme.
That's a good summary. The guy went from fat prick to a walking freakshow. And since he lives off attention, it will only get worse. I don't follow him at all, in fact, I have happily forgotten about his existence for past 2 or so years, and he resurfaced with his Hogwash outrage video, so all I'm hoping for is that he will have as many chimpouts as possible, before inevitably dying of stroke, whenever it's going to be in a ring, or in a chair.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.