DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:08 pm

It's DSP we're talking about. He's on an entirely different level than a newbie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:41 pm

He's just stupid and impatient. He facerolled the rest of the game by spamming and relying on the lack of difficulty to carry him.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kama

Post by Kama » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:13 am

I mean I get why we rag on DSP for using broken builds. But I don’t get why it’s so bad? I mean sure I could play the game the right way too but The AI is there to cheat against you so if I can become overpowered and nuke them I don’t see the problem because that’s just making the playing field even to me.

I mean it’s like unlocking infinite Devil trigger in devil may cry and never using it because it’s broken even though it’s way more fun to just kill everything and be invincible. Especially if you’re going to the hardest difficulty to get some payback after all the hell you took to get through it the first time.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:32 am

I don't mind "cheap" builds on games that allow for that sort of thing myself; I live min-maxing, and if there's a legit tool in-game to make it easier, then I'm gonna use it. I'm usually against exploiting glitches and cheats because that defeats the purpose of the game, but I'm not going to purposefully gimp myself because of "fairness", unless I'm trying to do something for bragging rights.

I always played Dork Souls with magic builds because I always play magic users in every RPG game. Surely it makes some parts of DS easier or trivial, but it has drawbacks: limited weapon selection, hard early game because your damage is tied to INT or FAITH and limited spell selection, etc. So it's more of a trade-off, just like arcane casters in D&D.

Of course, I don't make my living streaming my gameplay, so there's no expectation of me cheesing the game to be entertaining to watch. Nor do I claim the game is broken and bugged if my constant reliance on convenient tools suddenly doesn't work anymore because the game wants to challenge me.

Kama

Post by Kama » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:15 am

I’m just asking because my experience with people in the DSP Community seem to be people who are staunchly against using anything they consider cheap or broken or cheating in anyway. Because “true gamer cred” or something. Meanwhile I don’t really care if I cheat or break the game in my favor. It’s way more fun for me.

I guess I’m the type of person That would rather warp whistle my way to the end of super Mario brothers three instead of actually beating all 8 worlds

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:47 am

DSP uses cheese as a crutch so he doesn't actually have to learn the game. Why bother with learning boss patterns if you can just grind off-screen and put all points into some tanky meme build that let's you play the game like Dynasty Warriors (except he probably sucks at that game, too)?

Plus he wants that "true gamer cred".
Even if he obviously sucks.
Even if he's obviously reading GameFAQs on his phone.
Even if he keeps hitting an empty chest for now reason until he ""accidentally"" discovers the fake wall behind it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:00 am

The cheese makes his playthroughs extra boring, especially since it's shit he looked up from other streamers rather than learning himself. Keep in mind he's playing these games as his job and the let's play is essentially his "entertainment product," as gay as that sounds. If he's going to play these games then he should play them in some kind of way that's enjoyable for his wheelchair audience to watch.

I'm not condemning how individual players exploit their games when playing on their private time. DSP isn't on his private time though.
some tanky meme build that let's you play the game like Dynasty Warriors (except he probably sucks at that game, too)?
He does. He plays it the way people think you're supposed to play musou games. He just runs into mobs and mashes buttons, ack ack acking over all the dudes he's killing. He fails missions and gets his allies killed by ignoring objectives. Musou games are simple, but I find that a lot of people display a lack of understanding of those nuances which do exist. Musou titles are typically objective-based. Take x territory, kill x boss, protect x allies etc. Killing dudes is just something that happens as a consequence, but it isn't the goal. I can't remember the last time in a musou game where I won a mission by killing the disposable grunts.

Anyway yeah, he sucks at dynasty warriors just like he sucks at everything else. He hasn't played one in ages and I think he's deliberately avoiding them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:11 am

Killing dudes mostly happens because despite presenting itself as a large battle, your side can't really get shit done without you around (or some event is triggered that just deletes enemies from the map).
And he probably got roflstomped by Lu Bu in those missions where you're supposed to run away.
-Yours Truly

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:37 am

DSP touts himself as great entertainer of the masses and "one of the best overall gamers in the country". The sad truth is that he isn't entertaining unless he fails and rages.
There's nothing wrong with some cheese in RPGs, it just begs the question why he thinks that's entertaining streaming material that people should watch. I don't watch livestreamers myself because I don't see the point if I could just play the game on my own, but if I did I reckon I'd rather watch someone who either is very skilled at their chosen game or plays in some way that's fun like using a novelty build or starts out pretty weak and then learns and gits gud, does theory crafting to come up with builds that work etc..
Phil does neither. He never learns, just looks up everything including his setup, overlevels and complains that the game is broken whenever he still loses and toots his horn if he beats some low ass boss in 3 hits. Basically he wants to turn every game into a walking simulator if he can.
It's fine to play a game that way, I might do it similar, but the problem here is that he thinks he deserves money from people who watch that bore fest live.
Even more annoying when he looks up secrets in a guide and then puts on the worst acting you could ever imagine to pretend he's surprised when he just so happens to find the secrets "on his own". He might as well be honest about it, people would probably give him less shit if he was.
Thinking about the boring ass magic run again made me realize there was at least a couple of funny invasions in that one (including Dark Spirit ACK ACK ACK) but even that doesn't happen in Elden ring because invasions can only happen in co op mode apparently and he's obviously not doing that.
It's a trap!

Kama

Post by Kama » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:00 am
The cheese makes his playthroughs extra boring, especially since it's shit he looked up from other streamers rather than learning himself. Keep in mind he's playing these games as his job and the let's play is essentially his "entertainment product," as gay as that sounds. If he's going to play these games then he should play them in some kind of way that's enjoyable for his wheelchair audience to watch.

I'm not condemning how individual players exploit their games when playing on their private time. DSP isn't on his private time though.
some tanky meme build that let's you play the game like Dynasty Warriors (except he probably sucks at that game, too)?
He does. He plays it the way people think you're supposed to play musou games. He just runs into mobs and mashes buttons, ack ack acking over all the dudes he's killing. He fails missions and gets his allies killed by ignoring objectives. Musou games are simple, but I find that a lot of people display a lack of understanding of those nuances which do exist. Musou titles are typically objective-based. Take x territory, kill x boss, protect x allies etc. Killing dudes is just something that happens as a consequence, but it isn't the goal. I can't remember the last time in a musou game where I won a mission by killing the disposable grunts.

Anyway yeah, he sucks at dynasty warriors just like he sucks at everything else. He hasn't played one in ages and I think he's deliberately avoiding them.
I just got pirate warriors three and four so I probably would’ve done the same exact thing since I haven’t played a whole Lotta musou games.

But yeah I can see why you say that. I mean if you figure it out the broken shit himself is one thing, but he’s just doing it because he thinks that will make him not get made fun of or something equally stupid