The Other people on Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Other people on Channel Awesome

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 16, 2022 4:48 am

She's probably just some ignorant weeb who sees the entire animu industry through the lens of shounen action bullshit.

(Though I assume the cutting edge in romanceshit is happening in the world of manga, but that would require our immigrant of color to be able to read Japanese)

Maybe this is some rose-tinted glasses shit about her precious Sailor Moon having the best romance - even though that old anime isn't even the best version of that story.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue May 17, 2022 3:12 am

pibbs wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:37 am
>romance
>geared towards dudes

Pick one.
Only a woman would think like this.
The romance (if it actually is) may be done poorly (like Anakin and Padme) but it's always "geared" to chicks.

Or homos like Tiny peeRod. Speaking of which....
Surprisingly, they might actually have a point... if they're including romantic comedies when they're talking about romance anime. Those usually are aimed towards guys, and there's a lot more of those than there are "regular" romance series.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 17, 2022 12:57 pm

Any "light novel" and anything based on one. There you go. Even I know that.
Her problem is that she can't into Japanese, which is a hilarious problem to have for someone that chose to live in Japan.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:12 am
Surprisingly, they might actually have a point... if they're including romantic comedies when they're talking about romance anime. Those usually are aimed towards guys, and there's a lot more of those than there are "regular" romance series.
This is just a symptom of the larger issue, namely that animu these days only comes in these forms:
  • Obnoxious pandering to HikiNEETs and weebs (isekai, haremshit and of course isekai haremshit)
  • An advertisment for merchandize (Pretty Cure, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh)
  • A highlight reel of the latest Visual Novel
  • The latest shounen tournament filler arc series
There is probably plenty of wonderful shoujoshit in manga-form (fuck, Sukeban Deka has three different manga series going on atm), but that's not the kind of stuff the studios want to adapt because the animu market has become too degenerate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed May 18, 2022 5:23 pm

Billy, you're never going to learn, are you?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 18, 2022 5:45 pm

>I can just choose to not pay anything and will be fine as long as I never visit Japan

Are these traces of his "I am untouchable by Japanese law because I think it would be too much effort for them to sue me" delusion that got him into this mess to begin with?
-Yours Truly

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed May 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Why's he so concerned about monetization and subs anyway? He's only got 22k subscribers, and even then, he never cracked 100k on the pokeyman videos that got him in trouble in the first place

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 18, 2022 6:12 pm

They're all like that. They might only make pennies with their content as they slip further into irrelevancy, but those pennies are their birthright. They validate their existence as professional online content producers.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed May 18, 2022 8:09 pm

If a foreign country tried to fine me any amount, I'd send them a smug animu girl picture as a response. Specially if that country was Japan.

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Thu May 19, 2022 5:47 am

Like he'd ever travel that far.
This guy is so annoying that I'd almost be in favor of reporting his shit if he doesn't change his ways.
It's a trap!