The Other people on Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
McGinnis

Re: The Other people on Channel Awesome

Post by McGinnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:20 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:41 am
I blame John Kricfalusi for starting that ugly trend in the 90s.
John K fucking hates the CalArts style, he's talked about it numerous times.

See, John K at least understands that you've got to know the rules first before you can break them.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:11 am

McGinnis wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:20 am
John K fucking hates the CalArts style, he's talked about it numerous times.

See, John K at least understands that you've got to know the rules first before you can break them.
OK, I wanted to put all the blame on John K because I hate him as a person. But two other 90s cartoons I actually like are also to blame IMHO. The Simpsons and Beavis and Butthead. It's like all these hacks took all the wrong lessons from these shows.
"Look, the art is weird and kinda shitty! Let's do that too!"

I specifically remember this cartoon on MTV called The Brothers Grunt that personified this shittiness. You could tell the suits thought that the Gen X demographic was going to love this crap. I remember my friends just rolling our eyes and groaning when the promos came on.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:42 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:11 am
I specifically remember this cartoon on MTV called The Brothers Grunt that personified this shittiness.
Liar-kun, don't tell me you hate Ed, Edd n Eddy.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:05 am

I think my favorite cope of CalArts followers is the claim that the CalArts style doesn't actually exist.
Or even if it exists, it's necessary to make life easier for the poor Korean animators, which sounds pretty racist IMO (though isn't everything done in Flash these days?).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 am

Because >muh voxels so they can just click drag enlarge the crap to put on a t-shirt some male feminist, incel, predditor gets in a Loot Crate and has a soygasms over.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:44 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:11 am
I specifically remember this cartoon on MTV called The Brothers Grunt that personified this shittiness. You could tell the suits thought that the Gen X demographic was going to love this crap. I remember me friends just rolling our eyes and groaning when the promos came on.
There’s an old interview with Danny Antonucci where he admits that the Brothers Grunt was just suppose to be a network id and nothing more. I can only imagine what he was thinking when MTV gave him a blank check, and told him to make a show out of it. :lol:

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:35 pm

This is it, guys! Nothing can stop her now!

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:40 pm

Joy. Also, this fucker has been filming for over a decade and still doesn't know how to correct an over-exposed shot?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:45 pm

That's some quality photoshop. I hope that is the actual background he uses for his videos.
ERod's also looking better than ever. He looks like someone who has had the shit beaten out of him, minus actual bruises.
And why does the hand on that one book have six fingers? Is that some deep lore or ingenius reference I'm missing out on?
pibbs wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:35 pm
I'm sure this won't become a collection of her various social media links(where she gets more views than on her own site).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:45 pm
And why does the hand on that one book have six fingers? Is that some deep lore or ingenius reference I'm missing out on?
It's from Gravity Falls, a show made by a guy who got progressively lazier as the show went on. Was supposed to be 3 seasons, ended up becoming 2.