Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 am

I'm pretty sure Linkara could've made quite a bit of money if he'd embiggen his History of Voltage Vengerz with vlogs containing his reaction to the most recent episode shortly after release.
This would've shut up those ungrateful fans who are constantly asking for the next release date, and even those that have watched all the vlogs will likely go watch the actual video essay things to see how his opinion has changed, now that he's gotten the season's big picture.
Though of course, this would've taken precious time from his regular schedule, and we can't have that :roll:
Rushy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:44 am
I find it amusing that even though they criticise the fuck out of Doge's management, they've made absolutely no attempt to build their own little community.

I'm not saying it'd help much because their content still sucks, but at least it would create some kind of minor buzz in their fandoms, especially if they leveraged people's hatred against Doge. You know, "come watch us, we're the underdog who stood up against the evil boss".
Change the Channel was really the last golden opportunity for this.
"Come to [site]!", they could've shouted in videos and tweets. "It's the Channel Awesome you know and love, but without the undesirables!"

Though unfortunately for them they are parasites by nature.
No one wanted to be the one the others leech off of.
No one wanted to be the guy in charge who has to make tough decisions.
No one wanted to pay from his own pocket to give the others a web presence.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:32 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:34 pm
BloodKnightDollfie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:13 am
He needs to reunite the old band.
That is the absolute last thing he needs to or should do. He'd be better off having both arms amputated.

Agreed. What would be lulzier is if someone made a "Death of TGWTG" book in the vein of "The Death of WCW" book.

Also, the irony of TGWTG/Channel Awesome starting because youtube's rules were too constrictive for Doge back in fucking 2009, only for Doge to come crawling back at the point where Youtube is as restrictive as cable TV. Hell it's even MORE restrictive than cable TV. There are officially more words you can't say on youtube than you can't say on television without demonetization. The fact that these hacks couldn't make youtube work during the golden age of Jenna Marbles, Pewdiepie, Shane Dawson, Gabbie Hanna, etc. is absolutely pathetic.

It would be depressing if Channel Awesome weren't such unlikable cunts.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:07 pm

Youtube is absolutely fucked in that regard. It's so annoying to have some bastard say "Man, I'm forced to bleep out these naughty words, but you can watch the uncensored version on my Paymetons" or how videos would be unwatchable because of the amount of words they cut out.
I mean for fucks sake, there's channels that allow shit to be uncensored now like TBS, and even some commercials saying damn, hell and crap when you'd think they just would not do that anymore.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:34 pm

Or think of the amount of true crime stuff on telly in the early afternoon, meanwhile YT pretends that advertisers would avoid ads during videos with that stuff.
As if the Dahmer show wasn't a massive hit for Nigflix.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:48 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:07 pm
Youtube is absolutely fucked in that regard. It's so annoying to have some bastard say "Man, I'm forced to bleep out these naughty words, but you can watch the uncensored version on my Paymetons" or how videos would be unwatchable because of the amount of words they cut out.
I mean for fucks sake, there's channels that allow shit to be uncensored now like TBS, and even some commercials saying damn, hell and crap when you'd think they just would not do that anymore.
Yet I get ads for some shitty game with blurred out tits. Do you know what these “original edit” videos Doge is doing are about?
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:58 pm

Like with Casper, I am sure that the previous video had certain parts muted due to being copyright struck for music. I believe this one has the full audio for example.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:38 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 am
Change the Channel was really the last golden opportunity for this.
"Come to [site]!", they could've shouted in videos and tweets. "It's the Channel Awesome you know and love, but without the undesirables!"

Though unfortunately for them they are parasites by nature.
No one wanted to be the one the others leech off of.
No one wanted to be the guy in charge who has to make tough decisions.
No one wanted to pay from his own pocket to give the others a web presence.
I doubt those idiots even thought that a new website was necessary.
Every single one of them was thinking that they were better than Doge, and that Doge was big thanks to their hard work.
After turning Doge into the villain and them into the heroic victims, everyone would just go to their shitty Youtube channels and witness their greatness.
And let's not forget about the meltdowns following questions like "Can i watch you and Doge both, Queen Lupa?".
Rushy wrote:
I find it amusing that even though they criticise the fuck out of Doge's management, they've made absolutely no attempt to build their own little community.

I'm not saying it'd help much because their content still sucks, but at least it would create some kind of minor buzz in their fandoms, especially if they leveraged people's hatred against Doge. You know, "come watch us, we're the underdog who stood up against the evil boss".
Like always, they were expecting all the results, after doing less than the bare minimum.
The accusations document was out, so now it was the viewers' job to find their shit.
MarzCunt seriously believed that a Hollywood producer would come knocking at her door, after casually finding and watching a video with a blue haired hambeast sperging about Japan on her couch, begging her to be the star of Jem The Movie.
Rushy wrote:
Also, the lack of interactivity with fans.
I've read comments on Youtube about them being massive cunts at conventions, and about Benito the Sperg ignoring the mails of his top paypigs, and having a Paymetron that doesn't offer anything other than "pay me to make videos about Tetsuo and his powers".

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:56 pm

But not about based splatter gore animu because his faggot mental state can't handle that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:27 am

I can't believe the usual TGWTG whiners aren't reeing about this part of NC's new video:
https://youtu.be/4eDjHDp84V4?si=lv5G0PTdltyylA1c&t=496
お前はもう死んでいる。

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:42 pm

I was watching that yesterday and thinking the same thing.