Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:35 pm

Saban must've been salty af that they didn't get to use this guy. It's a yokai-based monster that managed to steal a Kamen Rider's henshin item to power himself up. Wild content, man.
I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't have had much fun with adapting Decade as their first "Power Rider". Lots of monsters and Riders form previous series (aka the whole overall design philosophy of both literally changes every other episode), a confusing as hell pilot episode (where reality is torn asunder and monsters from differen series rampage around), a form-changing gimmick that probably wouldn't make too much sense without proper context , and overall one of the weaker Rider plots that technically doesn't have a main bad guy to fight (and technically still doesn't have a proper conclusion afaik, unless you count that recent web series where he died, but then again he has already died at least twice before).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:53 pm

I seriously wonder how they would've handle RX and Ryuki if they had made a Decade adaptation. Would they've referenced Dex and Dragon Knight, their already existing American counterparts, or would they had pretended they were new characters?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:34 am

I stopped watching Power Rangers when they got rid of the giant combining dinosaur robots.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:44 am

You have to be more specific than that. There are like four of those teams.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:28 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:44 am
You have to be more specific than that. There are like four of those teams.
It's specific. When they stopped having them. So the last one, presumably.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:25 pm

I always found it funny they were hesitant to replace the Zyuranger suits after Season 1 because they didn't want to alienate fans, but they had no qualms about having new mecha with mismatched animal motifs, adding a new sixth ranger with a completely different design or replacing half of the Rangers actors.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:14 pm

I admit it was odd with the mismatched animal motifs since it seems there was early plans of upgrading the prehistoric zords to new versions of them. Toei was also involved creating concept art of those upgraded zords. It didn't happen because Saban shot it down. Probably due to costing shekels.

The last 2 I can defend. They already did the story line of the Green Ranger losing his powers and the White Ranger from Dairanger looked similar to the Zyu outfits so kids wouldn't realize anything was off.

And they didn't have a choice about the actors since Austin, Thuy, and Walter walked off set. They needed replacements.

Nobue

Post by Nobue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 am
I guess "Power Rider" still sounds less retarded than "Glitter Force".
Power Rider sounds like something a dude who likes leather too much would do. Glitter Force at least signals that there are lolis in it.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Nobue wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm
Glitter Force at least signals that there are lolis in it.
Or faggots (you)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:35 pm

Saban pretty much blew its creative load when they came up with "Power Rangers".
Dehbashi wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:14 pm
I admit it was odd with the mismatched animal motifs since it seems there was early plans of upgrading the prehistoric zords to new versions of them. Toei was also involved creating concept art of those upgraded zords. It didn't happen because Saban shot it down. Probably due to costing shekels.
If they wanted an upgrade they had all the more reason to switch over the Dairanger. Their extra gold details are swag af.

Maybe they didn't want to make the transition from Green Ranger to White Supremacy Ranger any more confusing since the Dairanger also had a green one.

Then again, the coolest fights would've never shown up as stock footage, anyways.
-Yours Truly