Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Oengae

Re: Movieblob

Post by Oengae » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:23 pm

For any movie that isn't Disney/Marvel shit he just watches for what Film Twitter or Mauler/Critical Drinker/etc say and takes the opposite stance out of principal. He liked the Mario movie but the minute people he didn't like started playing it up as antiwoke because Peach wasn't a girlboss who upstages Mario like they expected from the trailers he didn't talk about it as much except to do a Big Picture arguing with them for trying to make it their thing. Hated Wonka for months leading up to it because Timothee Chalamet was in it and he had done interviews saying he would never take a role in capeshit. Godzilla Minus One he might have liked more but people he didn't like praised it for having good VFX and a tight budget unlike Marvel and he stopped talking about it despite being a fan of the previous movies and yelling "MONKE" over and over again when he saw the previous one with his brother like a tard.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:23 pm

He can't sing too many praises for Godzilla, for the movie is the anthithesis of his beloved capeslop.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:27 pm

But what does he do if Critical Drinker likes an MCU movie?
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:11 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:23 pm
He can't sing too many praises for Godzilla, for the movie is the anthithesis of his beloved capeslop.
He doesn't have the mental wherewithal to realize that on his own. If nobody had given him the context of the consoomer meme making fun of him he would still be oblivious about that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 pm

Blob retweeted this. Its almost like a clever script in a time when every movie wasn't like this would go over differently.
ebin namefag wrote:

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:24 pm

He likes to do dumb false parallels to make it seem like twitter or general audiences are hypocritical for not liking them anymore while completely ignoring context. People complain there's too much capeshit and he brings up how Hollywood used to have decades of cowboy movies or Blondie had a film series (which only strengthens the point that capeshit is becoming stale and we'll eventually replace them for something else but ignore that). People complain about quippy humor and he claims 80s action hero one-liners after they kill someone is the same thing. Completely ignores execution because like his fast food it all tastes the same when he's scarfing it down without even tasting it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:24 pm

It also doesn't help that the current crop of writers and directors are severaly lacking in subtlety and overall competence.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:05 am

And here's the thing - if you take away the effects, which are objectively impressive. We probably would find Roger Rabbit more obnoxious in this cinematic economy. It benefitted from being the first sort of its kind - even if it set in place some terrible fucking trends. To say that really isn't a revelatory hot take, in my eyes.
ebin namefag wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:29 pm

Jurassic Park is a good example. Who is amazed by the dinosaurs in the Jurassic World garbage? Nobody.

Obviously two or three one-liners by Arnie per movie to punctuate the conclusion of a kick-ass action scene doesn't compare to hours of non-stop faggot snark in a three and a half hour capeshitter.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:34 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:24 pm
It also doesn't help that the current crop of writers and directors are severaly lacking in subtlety and overall competence.
It's a combination of two factors: Too much nostalgia for older blockbusters (I complain about this in my critical drinker post, indirectly) and the sheer level of incompetence found in current-year blockbusters.

Blob is just as bad as Drinker, in terms of never watching anything outside his mainstream goyslop bubble. Of course all the slop tastes great to him, because he doesn't eat anything else!
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome