Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 9:14 pm

If Doge ever pressured him to be Bald Movie Beatdown man, it was for the best. In whatever profession you do, you'll have to do stuff that is successful and that might just be something you don't enjoy all the time or has some downsides.

Keep BMB, try to find something else people like that you like doing better and maybe you can fade out BMB.
Covering film festivals isn't it and will never be it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 pm

I think Yahtzee had some shit going on years back about his "cultural legacy" being nothing but silly internet bideos and knob jokes. Y'know what he did? He started writing books. I've never read them, can't say if they're any good or not, but the important bit is that he took action. And what else did he do? He also kept doing the silly internet bideos and knob jokes. I refuse to believe that people like Mathew don't have enough hours in the day to do something more fulfilling alongside the shit they complain about having to do. "And," not "instead of."

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm
So is there an official reason why he doesn't do what at least some people might want to see him make?
Probably "Too much effort"..
Knowing you are a failure at life kills any remaining productivity his feeble body may offer. On top of that, he's pushing 30 or so now - that's the age where your body will remind you that you're not a child anymore, even if you pretend otherwise, and having no drive towards... anything, really, just makes him even more miserable. Just like most of his "colleagues in crap".

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 10:54 pm

Yahtzee made good money and also bought a bar. Buck the Cuck never really made all that much money. More than he deserved, especially during the Blip days, but never enough to start a new project with.

That said, his time isn't valuable. Thus he could spend that and invest it into some shit people want and then try and go from there.
Ultimately, his problem is that what he wants to do isn't something people want. There is a word for shit you like to do but that nobody is willing to pay you for. It's called a "hobby".
I don't get paid to go to the range or fishing either. Tough shit! Get a job, faggot!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat May 08, 2021 11:20 pm

So, something that James failed to do as he tried to focus on Monster Madness I assume but can't because AVGN has too much of a following? Because he could've stopped AVGN at any time.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 11:46 pm

Kind of. I can't imagine there being many that would've complained about a lack of an AVGN episode during October.
Maybe back then Game Trailers would've cared but that's so long ago that I don't even expect you to know that site.

But James' core problem is him having no time for absolutely anything, for some reason. He half-asses everything. If he tried to make monster movies his main thing, I haven't noticed. He shat out some real garbage Monster Madness series that made it seem more done out of obligation, rather than passion.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 11:47 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:54 pm
Yahtzee made good money and also bought a bar.
Actually the bar folded. He sold his share to somebody else before it completely folded, though

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 09, 2021 12:02 am

Guest wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:47 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:54 pm
Yahtzee made good money and also bought a bar.
Actually the bar folded. He sold his share to somebody else before it completely folded, though
I figured as much, which is why I didn't say "has". I didn't know it folded but that's to be expected of both first ventures into self-run businesses one has no experience in in general and bars specifically.

Anyway, point is he was able to afford one. Whereas Film Bald likely hasn't even bough a dresser or bed his entire life, seeing as he could not even afford his own place to live.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun May 09, 2021 12:51 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:02 am
I didn't know it folded but that's to be expected of both first ventures into self-run businesses one has no experience in in general and bars specifically.
Thing is the bar was initially successful enough that they opened a second bar in another city. But economy coupled with vidya playing autists not being the type to actually go to bars meant that folded and then the original bar folded.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 09, 2021 1:00 am

Sounds about right. Bars very often operate at the brink of profitability or do super well. But once shit starts to go bad they fold either way.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!