Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Oengae

Re: Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Post by Oengae » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:06 pm

Doesn't apply to a lot of channels, and he posts this in a month where 5-6 big name YouTubers are announcing they're "retiring" or shifting to easier to make content like podcasts or reaction vids. If you have decent skills and approach it right, you can shift gears without pissing off your audience.

FilmBald is malding because outside of riding the tail end of the angry reviewer trend he had nothing else going for him.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:08 pm

Remember when H3H3 stopped making Sam Hyde ripoff videos and went with podcasting? Boy, what a total financial failure that was, right?

I feel like I'm listening to Vanilla Ice complaining about them young kids not knowing what real rap is.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:04 pm

Inversely, people can tell when you've been doing the same schtick your whole career and you stopped caring years ago. Look at Jim Sterling.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:38 am

Good point. It's funny of him to complain about falling off the wagon when he's never been on it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:04 am

Want to call bullshit on this one. How many times has he complained about his view count over the years? He just has to cope with 'I'm doing what I love, who cares about the views" to deal with nobody wants to watch Projector.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:19 pm

Crying about a low view count is a different cycle.
Right now he's in the "Smug Artiste" cycle. You can tell by him once again humble-bragging about resisting the temptations of making quick YT bucks by selling his soul and artistic integrity :roll:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:32 pm

He has seen countless videos about how to get more views. Because he absolutely needs and wants those views.

It's not the numbers that drive him. It's desperation. The desperation of a 30-something, still living with his parents, having neither skills nor qualifications, being unable to make a living with the one thing he chose to do.

Yeah, it's not the numbers. It's much worse and pathetic than that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:11 pm

It's desperation to get views and him knowing that people at best don't care for him or flat out find him annoying. He really goes for woe is me tweets like this one. He knows deep down that he sucks, but he has the sunk cost fallacy of spending so much time and effort into making internet videos for a living that he can't give up on it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:26 pm

Even fucking PUR has more variance in her endless recycling of the same handful of tweets.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:37 pm

The only parts of his 15 year anniversary anyone would remember fondly are the parts he’s ashamed of.