Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 11:29 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am
Reminds me of PUR, who loves to screech about the evil YT algorithm not giving her the views she so "rightfully" deserves.
Hisattitude seems to be more defeatist, though. He like always has to mention that people (and therefore the algorithm) only care about his old Bad Movie Beatdown stuff. Dude was essentially begging people to watch his coverage of that film festival that nobody cared about, featuring movies that nobody cared about.
Yeah, he did that tweet that went "I'm going to retweet this until my analytics tell me it was worth making" in order to get people to watch one of those LFF videos. He should of listened to Guru Larry about making more Bad Movie Beatdown because 49 of his 50 most watched videos are Bad Movie Beatdown so Logic dictates to make more of the stuff people are watching. Except He didn't do it because he wants to be a serious critic that's on Rotten Tomatoes so he just whines and complains about people calling him a third tier NC clone and how Youtube is fucking him over.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 1:25 pm

He could just do both. He has no job, no friends and I bet he's afraid to leave the house anyway. I can't imagine him being busy with something else.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:25 pm
He could just do both. He has no job, no friends and I bet he's afraid to leave the house anyway. I can't imagine him being busy with something else.
Exactly. He can still do Projector, but also make a Bad Movie Beatdown once every couple of months at least. It's been at nearly 3 years since the last regular Bad Movie Beatdown as the only ones he;s done is the yearly countdowns which shouldn't count. Brad does Cinema Snob and Midnight Screenings, Doge does his Nostalgia Critic, Dark Toons, and his reviews while also doing several streams a week so Mathew has no excuse as to why he can't make another Bad Movie Beatdown.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 pm

I think he's just demotivated because he's crap and he knows he's crap.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm

So is there an official reason why he doesn't do what at least some people might want to see him make?
Probably "Too much effort"..
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 08, 2021 4:21 pm

He doesn't want to make more Bad Movie Beatdowns because he doesn't want to get typecast as a quirky reviewer guy with a shitty voice. He wants to be a serious movie critic with a shitty voice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Between this sort of whining and Lupa's bitching about being remembered from Suburban Knights, there seems to be a rather pervasive motif of INs complaining about where their fame (such as it is) is coming from. I repeat: Too fucking bad. You are subject to the whims of your audience. If that's going to bother you to any real degree, if it's going to interfere with your ability to perform, you are in the wrong business.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 pm

It stings so bad because that was the height of their careers.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 08, 2021 8:31 pm

And because it wasn't high enough they started burning bridges like crazy, with FilmBald basically claiming his career got ruined because Evil Doge pressured him into being Funny Bad Movie Beatdown Man.

Betcha he wouldn't complain if he had as many views and subs as Joe. None of these yokels would.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 pm

He probably can't believe why his career didn't soar once he was free of Doge and no longer needed to be funny bad movie beatdown man.
It's a trap!