Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Rapeculture

Re: Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:14 pm

McGinnis wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:52 pm
There's like two weeks in the entire year where it would be hot enough to justify buying an air conditioner. The other 50 weeks are cold, wet and windy.
That actually doesn't sound too bad. Huh.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:25 am

Cucked? We never had AC in private homes at any point in the first place.
I'm at roughly 55° latitude or so. Go ask Poonoo, who was at Wacken during what we'd call a heatwave, and ask him if an AC for a week tops of that justifies the purchase.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:33 am

Fair enough.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:42 am

The only time you might be fucked (at least in summer) is if you're living in an attic apartment with no huge tree in sight (which becomes a rarity has people don't like huge-ass trees right next to their home, just in case the next heavy storm turns out to be a bit much for the tree).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:21 pm

What "expense" are we talking about here, really? A split AC unit is dirty cheap, and maintenance is a once every two years need at best. Unless the installation cost is really high in the EU due to low demand for qualified technicians.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:26 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:21 pm
A split AC unit is dirty cheap
They're like a grand, plus the installation and the maintenance and, again, in Europe this is not something you're going to need everyday or even every other day. There are maybe two months in the year, or more accurately two weeks inside of two months, where an AC might be necessary

But of course, you are a hue, you live in tropical climates. Of course YOU see the need for one. Where you live it might be madness NOT to have one

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:44 pm

A grand?! Jeez, I paid the equivalent of 180 euros for mine, in the peak of summer when it was more expensive (because apparently I cannot plan for shit), and our appliances here are usually priced way more than what you pay for in the US or Europe. I assumed something that has low demand would cost even less up there.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:22 pm

More like the opposite. Plus, our windows and such aren't set up for them. You'd really have to find one first as well.

Here in the north, we've got perhaps four days per year at best that break 30°C (86°F). Not even luxury homes have an AC in most cases. Instead, you'll have floor heating.

Again, roughly around 55° latitude. That'd be almost halfway up in Canada. Far enough that I can't even name you a Cucknadian city you'd ever have heard about.
If the gulfstream wasn't there, we'd be pretty frosty.

I've never seen a non-commercial building have an AC and even those usually don't have them. Environmental concerns have nothing to do with it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:17 pm

We're getting side-tracked here.

What kind of fucking excuse is that anyway? He films inside, just sitting there. What has heat to do with that? It's not like he's doing any actual labour and he can always do the recording later in the evening when it's colder.
Its not like he's got a job to show up at early in the morning.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:26 pm

I can only assume that he's making shit up to avoid having to do work he fears that what I'm sure to be his professional film set lighting will tip him over the edge and melt him like those Nazis in that one Indiana Jones movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette