Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:04 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:20 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:38 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:40 am
He certainly wasn't big enough to save Blip
Stupid business decisions are what killed Blip. Like giving them 50% ad revenue to begin with
Stupid decisions is what saved it in the beginning. Skittles ad team thought an impression was a click and agreed to pay blip like 3 cents an impression. Skittles got fucked hard for 2 years and when the contract ended blip was without the cash cow.

Re: Mathew "Film Bald" Buck

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:04 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:20 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:38 am
Stupid business decisions are what killed Blip. Like giving them 50% ad revenue to begin with
Stupid decisions is what saved it in the beginning. Skittles ad team thought an impression was a click and agreed to pay blip like 3 cents an impression. Skittles got fucked hard for 2 years and when the contract ended blip was without the cash cow.
Sorry, I messed up on that one. I'm guessing the issue was people telling their audience to mute the ads and to not pay attention to them. Blip was generous back in the day giving $10CPM compared to Youtube doing I think $2CPM.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:16 pm
Sorry, I messed up on that one. I'm guessing the issue was people telling their audience to mute the ads and to not pay attention to them. Blip was generous back in the day giving $10CPM compared to Youtube doing I think $2CPM.
Yeah but blip was like half the size of YouTube, at best. They really couldn't afford to keep paying those generous rates

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:37 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:16 pm
Yeah but blip was like half the size of YouTube, at best. They really couldn't afford to keep paying those generous rates
Yeah, you're right about that. Nostalgia Critic was only getting at max 100,000 views at a regular basis, which isn't a whole lot. Does anybody have a source about the skittles deal? I kept searching for info about it, but no luck at all.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:48 pm
So he was popular enough to get 500k views when his video first came out but not popular enough to garner any over the next several years? Yes, guys, this all makes a lot of sense.
No, he was popular enough to get maybe 250-300k when it came out and the rest came over the next few years.
You are being dense on purpose. You must be.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:47 pm
>Skittles got fucked hard by Linkara telling people to just click the ads but silence and not watch them

All in the name of his lust for the green M&Ms, I'm sure.
Both are owned by Mars.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:04 pm

On Blip a Spoony review would usually hit a million views in the first week. That didn't translate to Youtube views because he had already fucked over his audience by the time he started posting there.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:23 am

So Spoony was one of the most popular people on the entire internet at the time. Source: take my word for it boss got me through the dark times.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:37 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:23 am
So Spoony was one of the most popular people on the entire internet at the time. Source: take my word for it boss got me through the dark times.
The Steyr AUG is overall, by all accounts, a good rifle with a few quirks.
The trigger being two-stage for semi/auto fire is unusual but functional. The Swarowski scope is a bit outdated, something it shares with the HK G36.
As far as current but old service rifles go, it's pretty alright.

A fun anecdote is that both Austria and Australia use it as a service rifle.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:00 am

Is it really a 'bad motherfucker' like Samuel L Jackson says? How does it compare to other 5.56ers?

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:07 am

This is the Curse of the Spoony! He is metastazising until all INs are like him
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow