Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
popeyeschickensandwich

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:15 am

Oh I didn't know that but it's funny you mention because that's exactly what the tweet was: https://twitter.com/VegettoEX/status/16 ... 6080847873

Taka did Tree of Might and said their joke implying ChiChi is going to do sexual favors for Goku is instead raspberries.
God damn their scream laughing at their own jokes is always painful.
Linkara was in Taka's recent stream and Taka made The Lightbringer laugh really hard. Of course they're still friends.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:36 am

Here so that everyone else can see the tweet without clicking the link and holy hell is the hypocrisy is dripping in this thread. But muh bad Funimation dub. Yes it fucking sucked but it doesn't excuse TFS and their crap. Especially the second half of their series when they were playing it straight as the legit story of DBZ. That's the problem and I don't remember people saying that Goku was a bad dad until after TFS was created. Turns out his mother in law is actually smarter than his sorry ass.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:13 pm

I think the "Goku is a bad dad" thing was always a conclusion from him forcing Gohan to fight Cell after throwing the senzu at him - in-universe, Piccolo explicitly calls him on that. Goku immediately regrets it and ask a senzu for himself to go fight Cell again.

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:10 pm

It's a whole thing with the funi dub being another dub where they change things and it can be a debate for the worse, and TFS refusing to admit some people watched their shitty abridged series turned fanfic (which is why I think season 3 is Kaiser's fave) has had a lot of people lean deeper into the meme, but it was always there. Idiots were always around. Speaking of idiots...

"Martin CAME IN and DELIVERED this next line and it might be the most intimidating villain line I have EVER FUCKING HEARD." Taka please. And then he goes on and on about getting GOOSEBUMPS, CHAT. It's not terrible but holy shit, the shilling. The line in question being the "give me some ideas" one.
Then Kaiser and Lani recently did Dead Zone and I forgot how they took the more childish Gohan aspects from the movies and went "let's make it dark humor like Gohan going on an acid trip after eating the apple" or something. Oh and they like killing the movie/filler dragon, I forgot Lani liked doing that. Lani's wring, now that it's been made more blatantly obvious he does all the dark humor, is the weakest writing to me. Dark humor is so easy and honestly just never really that humorous to me enough to warrant it, and here he is. I can tolerate "lol random" and just tune it out or move on and not let it get to me, but damn Lani goes for an easy "oh look it's disturbing" out so often it's really annoying.

I don't even think Hollywood celebs jerk themselves off over their performances this much in public.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:36 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:13 pm
I think the "Goku is a bad dad" thing was always a conclusion from him forcing Gohan to fight Cell after throwing the senzu at him - in-universe, Piccolo explicitly calls him on that. Goku immediately regrets it and ask a senzu for himself to go fight Cell again.
I guess there was always jokes in the early YouTube days but no one took it seriously when they knew the thought process of Goku at the time. But it kicked into overdrive after TFS making people believe it was canon.

Also lol. Delusional. :lol:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:13 pm

>five likes
"rekt" indeed.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 pm

What the fuck is the "corporate stuff"? If they mean the dub they aren't different from the dub it's still annoying people associated with Funimation creating their own narrative with existing footage.

... Video games?

Taka talked about "professional writers" reaching out to him, and then said it was for Family Guy. And they referenced South Park, and he got to sit in on an episode of Family Guy.
.... I guess that's impressive? To someone out there?

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:01 am

popeyeschickensandwich wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 pm
What the fuck is the "corporate stuff"? If they mean the dub they aren't different from the dub it's still annoying people associated with Funimation creating their own narrative with existing footage.

... Video games?

Taka talked about "professional writers" reaching out to him, and then said it was for Family Guy. And they referenced South Park, and he got to sit in on an episode of Family Guy.
.... I guess that's impressive? To someone out there?
It's just Taka being stupid and trying to make himself look important, to which nobody cares.
Abridging is dead

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:44 pm

I am surprised, Lani is actually going as far as to do a solo commentary for this. I wonder if he is gonna do this and then ditch the commentaries halfway through like he normally does for everything abridged related (beyond TFS).

Abridging is dead

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:07 am

Bet he’s going to be embarrassed by all the gay Kuwabara jokes he did