Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:26 pm

Which in turn is why eventually, every long-running "Abridged" series eventually turns into a full-length alternate English dub.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:52 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:19 pm
Abridged shit fell victim to the idea of YT content creation as a "real" job, since actually finishing an abridged series could very well end your "job".
I remember making the video "Abridging is Dead" in an early attempt to explain what these clowns were doing, but the "fanbase" are full of braindead people who don't see the long term damage these wank stains were causing. The fact it took LK about 2 years to release a 15 minute video that is full of already dated memes speaks volumes for what abridging has become.
Abridging is dead

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:14 pm

All abridgers eventually end up as Spoony, an all too common fate.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:34 pm

vegetasasuke0 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:52 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:19 pm
Abridged shit fell victim to the idea of YT content creation as a "real" job, since actually finishing an abridged series could very well end your "job".
I remember making the video "Abridging is Dead" in an early attempt to explain what these clowns were doing, but the "fanbase" are full of braindead people who don't see the long term damage these wank stains were causing. The fact it took LK about 2 years to release a 15 minute video that is full of already dated memes speaks volumes for what abridging has become.
I gotta stand up for Itsreal85 regarding this matter (though whether nigga turtles falls under this is debatable. I think it did). He saw the fuckery youtube was up to regarding copyright and ditched the nigga turtles for letsplays. I wish he kept Uncensored Trash Talk going but oh well. We got Batman the Asshole and Crackhead carl out of the deal. Fair trade.

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

NewLegace

Post by NewLegace » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:28 pm

So as someone out of loop, how come they only end at Cell saga, and never did Buu saga or GT?

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:46 pm

NewLegace wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:28 pm
So as someone out of loop, how come they only end at Cell saga, and never did Buu saga or GT?
1) Sloth. They stretched out Abridged quite a bit. Took literally twice as long for them to adapt Radditz to Cell than Toei did, and Toei animated the damn thing. BUt if you ask them, they were working super duper hard and had time to make videos explaining the pains it took for them to animate lipflap.

2) Pride. They patted their own backs several times. If I remember, they thought it was very progressive of them to write Goku as bisexual. They have a thick hugbox too, so unwarranted praise to this day is heavily heaped on them. When they ended Abridged, they did a video where Lani and KaiserNeko said "When we were writing the cell saga, we were writing it as a conclusion", as if they were the original author and not Toriyama.

3) Greed. They teased ending Cell for a year by doing weird vignettes of other 'challengers' popping in from other animes. They claimed Bojack was 'in the render cue' for half a year only to reveal they never started it.

4) Wrath. A few years ago Toei hit TFS with cease and desist on their t shirts and merchandise because they used images of Vegeta, Goku, the dragonballs, etc. This cease and desist was done publically, at a convention, and, other than a few gentle strikes that Toei never followed up on, it was clear that TFS was getting to the point that they were actively drawing the ire of Toei and potentially other japanese rights owners. Quite frankly, they didn't want to test how gray the gray area they were in.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:10 pm

They're lazy gits that got paid regardless of how much they actually work.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:22 pm

I wonder if they immediately went to "We're doing the best version of DBZ period", or if they had a "We're doing the best English dub of DBZ" before :thinking:
Also don't forget that they think they made DBZ popular :roll:

1) and 4) also overlap into another point: Fear.
You just need to compare the views on their DBZ videos and their non-DBZ videos to see that actually finishing DBZ would've been the end of their career.
Plus they would only piss of Toei even more by continuing to produce episodes, especially after they dropped the "Abridged" pretense and effectively turned it into a fandub.

They kinda tried to solve the issue by attempting to become a "professional" studio with original content like DieselDust (which the TFS wikia for some reason still lists as being ongoing despite only consisting of a single episode shat out in 2018), but that naturally didn't work because their fans care more about DBZ than TeamFourStar (a common problem with INs that gained fame and fortune by concentrating on a single IP).

So now they've settled on making stretched-out DBZ Top 10 rankings and shitty DBZ shorts with original 3D graphics or some shit. Might keep Toei happy (since they're not reusing footage), and unlike DBZ proper they can keep doing this shit for as long as they want.
Plus there's always the sad follower who will keep supporting them in the hopes that they might one day do the Buu arc.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:32 pm

It's basically a team of YandereDevs. They certainly consume the cum chalice.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:29 am

I'm just waiting for Lani to eventually drop Scott at this point and go full on solo again.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.