Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:03 am

Ah, the famous Waito Piggu Go Home clause :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:30 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:13 am
I think earlier in this thread someone mentioned that kaiser didnt even know who kuririn was. I wonder how many of tfs actually watched the japanese dbz and how many were even aware of the localization differences. Or how many of these fucks were even fans to begin with.
Oh, that was me. I was that guest.
Yeah, I messed with him a bit more recently for fun.
Since he's TOTALLY FURRY, he knows about furry shit, right?
Furries apparently call big people "popufurs" and I called him that and he actually got pissed.
It's just a stupid word, Kaiser.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Kaiser's a furry? He should abridge Beastars. He'd make fellow dog fucker yms proud

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:51 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:35 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:48 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 pm
No new dub companies. Fuck that.
Yeah we really don't need them. Most anime companies are capable of putting the product out themselves without need of a licensor. If they need an English dub they can hire a studio on an ad-hoc basis to dub it like Bandai do with Gundam. Most weebs hate English dubs anyway.
We really don't need cunts like Cuntimation to put in their GamerGate references and, even worse, insert themselves into the creative process in Japan so the Nips don't put in anything that contradicts their globohomo cultural marxist worldview
For simple subtitles they have so many options for translation it's not even funny. There are so many companies that translate shit like business documents who don't care about woke shit at all who will gladly do it way cheaper than Funimation would, fuck they could just do it in-house with their own translation team. Just find a few weeb English teacher who want to extend their visas and give them jobs and threaten to deport them if they put woke shit in.
This is what I want, same for games and other media too. No woke injections, meddling with the source material, just the source without the same 7 voice actors calling the shots. You could show me a series that they’re dubbing and I could tell you at least a handful of which characters would be played by who without knowing anything about it.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 pm
Kaiser's a furry? He should abridge Beastars. He'd make fellow dog fucker yms proud
What did you think the Neko in KaiserNeko was about?
Pumpkins?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 am

I thought he was just the Kaiser who fucks Nekos.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:50 pm
Lani is still an outsider that hasn't paid his dues (pay out the ass for VA classes taught by Funi people). Funi has a ton of loyalists that they'd cast before him.
Really now? Interesting, for a long time, Lani would wear it proudly that he actually got legit VA classes and that during his free weeks from working at the local cinema, he'd practice until he landed legit roles. If the courses / classes were taught by Funimation people, that'd be hilarious in tretrospective :lol: but given that he was nowhere near Texas at the time he used to brag about them, back in 2009-2010(?) and he still had the Blip thing going on with his blog, I doubt it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:51 pm
Poonoo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:35 am
For simple subtitles they have so many options for translation it's not even funny. There are so many companies that translate shit like business documents who don't care about woke shit at all who will gladly do it way cheaper than Funimation would, fuck they could just do it in-house with their own translation team. Just find a few weeb English teacher who want to extend their visas and give them jobs and threaten to deport them if they put woke shit in.
This is what I want, same for games and other media too. No woke injections, meddling with the source material, just the source without the same 7 voice actors calling the shots. You could show me a series that they’re dubbing and I could tell you at least a handful of which characters would be played by who without knowing anything about it.
I think the problem lies with the whole simulcasting shit that's all the rage nowadays, so it's not just subbing that Cuntyroll and Fagimation do, they also stream that content and get the scenarios ahead of time to do the subs. Of course they do some atrocious shit but they probably offer it cheaper and since its simultaneous, I imagine part of the viewing profits from the ads or whatever, also reaches Japan.

Either that or simulcasting is a whole lot more expensive for licensing and FuniCruncyfags pay up the ass for those exclusive rights to crush the competition.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:04 pm

ban wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:05 pm
Osterzone wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:50 pm
Lani is still an outsider that hasn't paid his dues (pay out the ass for VA classes taught by Funi people). Funi has a ton of loyalists that they'd cast before him.
Really now? Interesting, for a long time, Lani would wear it proudly that he actually got legit VA classes and that during his free weeks from working at the local cinema, he'd practice until he landed legit roles. If the courses / classes were taught by Funimation people, that'd be hilarious in tretrospective :lol: but given that he was nowhere near Texas at the time he used to brag about them, back in 2009-2010(?) and he still had the Blip thing going on with his blog, I doubt it.
Yeah, anime dubbing is basically an MLM. Those classes may have helped him when he was living in Cali, but the Texas VAs want their cut.

ban

Post by ban » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Interesting. Might explain why he suddenly stopped receiving offers for VA work when all of TFagStar moved to Texas per Kaiser's idea. It might also explain why AntFish, who started VA-ing around the same time as Lani, actually has gotten actual VA work since he stayed in Canada, even if he knew Lani from before TFS(per their admition). I guess VA work really is territorial over in the US. Which seems retarded, especially when many industry pros(as in not Funimation cunts or anime dubbers only) have said in interviews that at times they just had to work from home so they all build a small studio if they couldn't leave their state. I don't think any of them(big ones like Steve Blum, Travis Willingham, etc) works in Texas, unless I'm wrong.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:28 pm

I guess these studios love their turfs and are afraid of the added competition that comes when every VA can dub for anyone.
-Yours Truly