Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
popeyeschickensandwich

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:13 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:21 pm
popeyeschickensandwich wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:44 pm
The episode 42 commentary has them talking about how they added a lot of depth to Kami than the source did, before Kaiser corrects themselves and says in our show. Kaiser blurts out he wrote for the shopkeeper who praises 18 when she's wearing the cowgirl outfit. You mean the guy who says his dad hates him for being gay, he might be your favorite role because you like that accent? Really?
I die a little inside whenever they go full Linkara and praise their own writing.
I die even more inside whenever they go "We're bigger than Jesus Toriyama" in doing so.
What makes it even dumber is they kept going "We aren't even really writers" when they started this whole project.
Which is it?

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:45 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:39 pm
My god Lani is an ugly motherfucker
Lani's YYH abridged commentaries where he puts himself way closer to the screen is torturous. Well they're also painful because he really gets to be a theater kid over his abridged series that is just him doing Funimation impressions.
I genuinely do not understand what the point is of growing out your hair if you aren't going to take care of it. It always looks unkempt and nasty like it leaves a lingering stink.

The episode 42 commentary has them talking about how they added a lot of depth to Kami than the source did, before Kaiser corrects themselves and says in our show. Kaiser blurts out he wrote for the shopkeeper who praises 18 when she's wearing the cowgirl outfit. You mean the guy who says his dad hates him for being gay, he might be your favorite role because you like that accent? Really?
They go into detail about how they had Gohan on the backburner, Lani justifying it by saying Gohan was on the backburner, and how they thought their old jokes regarding the Son family sucked and how Kaiser likes Goku's writing post-Namek blowing up. Kaiser says it's their best version of Gohan, and that this episode is top five of his episodes maybe even top three because this is how he wanted the rest of the show. Lani watches a good chunk of reaction channels and some people catch on that when Gohan indirectly mentions Cell's egg looks like Dodoria while others don't.
Lani repeats Roshi's lines by shrieking loudly, so that was great. Thanks Lani. Oh and he does it when he imitates Popo's laugh when Kami says it's been a trip before Kami fuses with Piccolo. And then does another ear piercing scream when he brings up the Ocean dub's version of that scene.
God, Lani and Taka keep competing to be the most insufferable out of all of them for me.
I was going through GT with a friend (who hated Dragon Ball) recently and we were both confused on how TFS couldn't manage to make the Buu Saga or any of GT funny, then we realized GT was more fun than anything TFS put out. We came to the conclusion that TFS damaged the fanbase even more by forcing the whole "Gohan sucks" agenda, because if they hated Gohan that much, they could have been real writers and fixed the issues with Gohan's character, instead they opted to make him even more insufferable. As for Kami, he wasn't meant to have all this deep lore in Z because everyone would have kinda known from the og Dragon Ball, but the problem is TFS skipped Dragon Ball like a bunch of retards.
Abridging is dead

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:34 pm

Also, Mr. Satan didn't work in abridged world because he was already a goofy, 4th wall breaking character.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:42 pm

vegetasasuke0 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:45 pm
We came to the conclusion that TFS damaged the fanbase even more by forcing the whole "Gohan sucks" agenda, because if they hated Gohan that much, they could have been real writers and fixed the issues with Gohan's character, instead they opted to make him even more insufferable.
They damaged the fanbase by infesting it with their shitty memes. If I got a dollar for every time some DBZ-related joke is actually just a lame quote from DBZA...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:57 pm

vegetasasuke0 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:45 pm
Osterzone wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:39 pm
My god Lani is an ugly motherfucker
Lani's YYH abridged commentaries where he puts himself way closer to the screen is torturous. Well they're also painful because he really gets to be a theater kid over his abridged series that is just him doing Funimation impressions.
I genuinely do not understand what the point is of growing out your hair if you aren't going to take care of it. It always looks unkempt and nasty like it leaves a lingering stink.

They go into detail about how they had Gohan on the backburner, Lani justifying it by saying Gohan was on the backburner, and how they thought their old jokes regarding the Son family sucked and how Kaiser likes Goku's writing post-Namek blowing up. Kaiser says it's their best version of Gohan, and that this episode is top five of his episodes maybe even top three because this is how he wanted the rest of the show. Lani watches a good chunk of reaction channels and some people catch on that when Gohan indirectly mentions Cell's egg looks like Dodoria while others don't.
Lani repeats Roshi's lines by shrieking loudly, so that was great. Thanks Lani. Oh and he does it when he imitates Popo's laugh when Kami says it's been a trip before Kami fuses with Piccolo. And then does another ear piercing scream when he brings up the Ocean dub's version of that scene.
God, Lani and Taka keep competing to be the most insufferable out of all of them for me.
I was going through GT with a friend (who hated Dragon Ball) recently and we were both confused on how TFS couldn't manage to make the Buu Saga or any of GT funny, then we realized GT was more fun than anything TFS put out. We came to the conclusion that TFS damaged the fanbase even more by forcing the whole "Gohan sucks" agenda, because if they hated Gohan that much, they could have been real writers and fixed the issues with Gohan's character, instead they opted to make him even more insufferable. As for Kami, he wasn't meant to have all this deep lore in Z because everyone would have kinda known from the og Dragon Ball, but the problem is TFS skipped Dragon Ball like a bunch of retards.
I'll do you one better, Dragon Ball AF is better than TFS.
Apparently, TFS and Sabat agree that Gohan sucks especially when he becomes an adult.

You'd think with how TFS likes to "write" the more horrifying elements, they'd have a field day with how Buu changing people still keeps them conscious.

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:28 pm

Dragon Ball AF in theory was interesting, but anything after GT wasn't needed because it had a definite ending, the fact Dragon Ball Super is literally those rehashed concepts is just more damaging to the franchise. TFS can't write anything original, also I couldn't care less how Sabat thinks considering the guy has his own casting couch. I am more interested in seeing what TFS finally do after these commentaries are over, because they feel to be leading to something.
Abridging is dead

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:46 pm

Another original series that gets abandoned after one episode?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:23 am

I still think HFIL is their way of building up to the filler with Goku in that afterlife tournament.
It's their way of giving context to the villains banding together in said filler.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:06 pm

Super comes off like it cribs a lot from TFS - like Goku being a bigger retard than he ever had been in the previous three series.

Coincidentally Goku being a far bigger retard than he ever has been is what I hate the most about Super - bar none.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:38 am

So I guess Taka got called out for him and his friends saying something racist I guess? It's funny how easy he slips up on streams.
That's even funnier!
Abridging is dead