Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
BenComicGraphics

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Va turf is a big thing. When the 00s tmnt did turtles forever, the Cucknadian VA studio hired soundalikes for cam clarke and Rob paulson because of union rules. Paulson was apparently furious.

ban

Post by ban » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:35 pm

I can kinda get it for Canada since it's technically not in the US but in general? That's really stupid and it's an utter waste and limiting of talent.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 pm

ban wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:35 pm
I can kinda get it for Canada since it's technically not in the US but in general? That's really stupid and it's an utter waste and limiting of talent.
Oh, the whole thing was stupid. The studio DID try to get Cam Clarke, Paulson, etc, original Turtle voice actors. It wasn't even money; the union Rob Paulson was a part of shut it down. It was never going to happen. So, they got soundalikes, of which three of the four weren't really that bad.

Paulson was pissed that he was imitated, which is hypocritical because he started his career doing celebrity imitations and Paulson spoke in defense of Jim Cummings getting sued by Louis Prima's widow.

Besides, most of the voices in the original Funi dub of DBZ were 'informed' by the choices made by Ocean. Krillin specifically was cast to 'sound like' Ocean's Krillin, and Sabat's original Vegeta was trying to ape Ocean's Vegeta.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 pm
Oh, the whole thing was stupid. The studio DID try to get Cam Clarke, Paulson, etc, original Turtle voice actors. It wasn't even money; the union Rob Paulson was a part of shut it down. It was never going to happen. So, they got soundalikes, of which three of the four weren't really that bad.
I don't think a Cucknadian company was involved with the 2003 Turtles. 4Kids were the ones who produced and voiced it. Ironic that they made the darkest series and closest to the comics. At least the first 4 seasons. That's why Veronica Taylor, original US voice of Ash Ketchum, was April and Dan Green, US Yugi Moto, was 80s Leonardo, who I assume was the one you thought was not a good sound alike.

But it's news to me that they actually reached out to the original cast. When people cry about Turtles Forever, they make it sound like 4Kids didn't even bother. I wouldn't have blamed them with way since 4Kids wasn't some entertainment juggernaut compared to Nickelodeon to pay the union wages. (Which explains why the 2012 series was able to use them. They were already using the union since Paulson was already in the series)

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:20 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 am
BenComicGraphics wrote:
I don't think a Cucknadian company was involved with the 2003 Turtles. 4Kids were the ones who produced and voiced it. Ironic that they made the darkest series and closest to the comics. At least the first 4 seasons. That's why Veronica Taylor, original US voice of Ash Ketchum, was April and Dan Green, US Yugi Moto, was 80s Leonardo, who I assume was the one you thought was not a good sound alike.

But it's news to me that they actually reached out to the original cast. When people cry about Turtles Forever, they make it sound like 4Kids didn't even bother. I wouldn't have blamed them with way since 4Kids wasn't some entertainment juggernaut compared to Nickelodeon to pay the union wages. (Which explains why the 2012 series was able to use them. They were already using the union since Paulson was already in the series)
80's Leo was fine. It was 80's Mikey that was the worst one.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:24 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Paulson was pissed that he was imitated, which is hypocritical because he started his career doing celebrity imitations and Paulson spoke in defense of Jim Cummings getting sued by Louis Prima's widow.
I can kind of understand where he's coming from, though. Rob Paulsen imitates Jim Carrey, who cares? They were never going to get Jim Carrey. Some actor imitates Rob Paulsen, well fuck. That's his livelihood. Why bother to hire Rob Paulsen when you can get his significantly cheaper non-union equivalent? It's not like he's a big marquee name

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:39 am

If you're that replaceable it should give you something to think about.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:42 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 pm
Kaiser's a furry? He should abridge Beastars. He'd make fellow dog fucker yms proud
What did you think the Neko in KaiserNeko was about?
Pumpkins?
Is that his full username? I literally never paid attention to the faggot until recently cause i never really watched dbza

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:39 am
If you're that replaceable it should give you something to think about.
Unfortunately that's the business. This is why the Japanese voice actors have such strong unions. So that they don't get replaced by their cheap, non-union, Mexican equivalent

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:30 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:42 am
Guest wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 pm
Kaiser's a furry? He should abridge Beastars. He'd make fellow dog fucker yms proud
What did you think the Neko in KaiserNeko was about?
Pumpkins?
Is that his full username? I literally never paid attention to the faggot until recently cause i never really watched dbza
Yeah, it's KaiserNeko.
Guy who apparently is in an open relationship with his husband.
Why is it always incredibly awkward looking people who talk about being in an open relationship?