popeyeschickensandwich

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:34 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:37 pm
popeyeschickensandwich wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:23 am
I watched the movie
Holy sheeat, I didn't know this was a movie. I had assumed this was an actual 12+ episode animu gig.
So they couldn't even dub an single movie without getting PTSD from the stress :lol: ?
It's structured like a bunch of episodes condensed into one film. It really didn't need to be treated with respect, it would have been fine as a gag dub.

I didn't know Amber was fucking Taka, wasn't she married to that guy Grant who tried to emphasize he HATES DBZA but clearly loved their money.

I'm still flabbergasted about the PTSD statement. The one doing the most lifting that's associated with DBZA is Martin and... oh wait, Martin. I forgot. He can't even stream without having a panic attack. Otherwise not a lot of abridged people were involved in terms of voice acting.

Kaiser is at a furry convention, that's really all that's new.

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:48 am

Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:34 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:37 pm
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:23 am
I watched the movie
Holy sheeat, I didn't know this was a movie. I had assumed this was an actual 12+ episode animu gig.
So they couldn't even dub an single movie without getting PTSD from the stress :lol: ?
It's structured like a bunch of episodes condensed into one film. It really didn't need to be treated with respect, it would have been fine as a gag dub.

I didn't know Amber was fucking Taka, wasn't she married to that guy Grant who tried to emphasize he HATES DBZA but clearly loved their money.

I'm still flabbergasted about the PTSD statement. The one doing the most lifting that's associated with DBZA is Martin and... oh wait, Martin. I forgot. He can't even stream without having a panic attack. Otherwise not a lot of abridged people were involved in terms of voice acting.

Kaiser is at a furry convention, that's really all that's new.
Kaiser being a furry is NOT new. His fursona used to be front and center of his channel until maybe 2012.
Abridging is dead

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:37 am

They were dating around the same time they started doing Android saga, so 10 years ago? I don't know about Grant, but she's been married to some other VA named Howard Wang.

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:51 am

I didn't know Kaiser went to cons. Taka says Muffin Button was all Kaiser and Lani, which what a shock another joke that helped their shirts and not much else.

Howard is the main male character for the film. How did they find Grant, was he a package deal with Amber?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:07 am

Well I don't think TFS had much say in the script, since it was likely translated and written by someone else.
Oh wait, that was probably another source of triggers for them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:23 am

Since it was likely... do any of them actually know enough to do that? Kaiser just corrects everyone on the names because Funi's dub upsets him. Do all of them hate that or just Lani?

What did all of those people in Unabridged do for them? I remember two doing the Let's Play, but the others... were they hired just for that?

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:36 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:07 am
Well I don't think TFS had much say in the script, since it was likely translated and written by someone else.
Oh wait, that was probably another source of triggers for them.
I can't say for certain, but there is a possibility that Kaiser does a pass on the script because he is the only person in the entire "company" that knows how to read and speak fluent Japanese.
Abridging is dead

vegetasasuke0

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:40 am

Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:23 am
Since it was likely... do any of them actually know enough to do that? Kaiser just corrects everyone on the names because Funi's dub upsets him. Do all of them hate that or just Lani?

What did all of those people in Unabridged do for them? I remember two doing the Let's Play, but the others... were they hired just for that?
Kirran and Grant were partially hired due to their experience in abridging since I believe they were "box of danger" and did Pokemon Abridged back in the day. Nowacking was brought in because she was one of the only female VA's in the community, so you would see her in literally everything, it was kinda hard not to. Her introduction to TFS was through Masako I believe. The other two I can't tell you shit about, I think they were just animators or some shit.
Abridging is dead

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:34 am

I know Nowacking and Kirran worked on Pokemon Bridged together and then the guy who would shout about hating reference humor was said to be soooooo abusive to Nowacking or something.
And Martin made it about how hurt and betrayed he is by the guy and Nowacking transitioned.
Oh and Nowacking, do trans people just get a guidebook about all looking like the exact same person with little variations or?

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:20 am

This is what said abuser looks like