Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Osterzone

Re: Team Fag Star

Post by Osterzone » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:55 am

popeyeschickensandwich wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 am
The DBZA guys are really milking the Tenkaichi 4 news making jokes about how they are the reason a Tenkaichi 4 didn't exist until now. Oh, and someone tweeted DBZA did a lot of damage to dragon ball as a whole and Lani and Taka were there.
https://twitter.com/Takahata101/status/ ... 0921513985
They can keep telling themselves that. Their patreon will keep dropping, their twitch audience will dwindle, and soon enough they'll be in their 50s with no retirement fund, and still not realizing that they aren't going to be regulars at Crunchyroll's recording booths. But yeah, their gag dub totally revived the most well-known shonen IP in the world.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:15 am

JL Unlimited wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:34 am
Mean spirited humor is at its best when it happens to mean spirited characters.

I don't know, one of my favorite South Park moments involve Cartman setting up poor Butters:

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:57 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:55 am
popeyeschickensandwich wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 am
The DBZA guys are really milking the Tenkaichi 4 news making jokes about how they are the reason a Tenkaichi 4 didn't exist until now. Oh, and someone tweeted DBZA did a lot of damage to dragon ball as a whole and Lani and Taka were there.
https://twitter.com/Takahata101/status/ ... 0921513985
They can keep telling themselves that. Their patreon will keep dropping, their twitch audience will dwindle, and soon enough they'll be in their 50s with no retirement fund, and still not realizing that they aren't going to be regulars at Crunchyroll's recording booths. But yeah, their gag dub totally revived the most well-known shonen IP in the world.
What's funny is that people finally saying that DBZA did damage to Dragon Ball started a few months ago. After that faggot Totally Not Mark was crying that TFS was copyright struck and saying that without DBZA no one would care about the franchise after the mid 2000s. There was severe pushback from people especially beaners saying what the fuck is he talking about. How it was always popular in the rest of the world. It's even still known in the middle east and they only aired the first 60 episodes of DBZ there. So this crap that the franchise disappeared was complete nonsense. That's not even counting that games were being released yearly even before Kai aired. So it was known to the public then.

What may have caused Mark and DBZA fanbois to think this is an issue with us Burgers. We treat media as disposable as consoomers and only check something out due to it being trendy and a fad. For example, every show that gets popular is talked for a little bit and you never hear about it again after a little while. Perfect example is Breaking Bad. You had everyone and their grandma talk about it and now zero. No one talks about it. It's what is going to happen with capeshit as well. We have seen it start to happen with the MCU.

That's what happened with Dragon Ball after the mid 2000s here. Even with Super coming, the movies and series were just normal here while the Jiren fight was big in Mexico with crowds of people watching them in stadiums.

So yeah. It's a burger consoomerism that caused the muh popularity drop and not anything else.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:41 pm

If DBZA made Tenkaichi 4 happen, why is it only coming out now and not at least one console generation earlier when Team Fag Star was all the rage?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:00 pm

I think the issue is they thought a lot of people were Burgers like you mentioned, and also how much people like Mark love to think they're special because an anime is their special interest. That incident sounds fucking hilarious, the pushback thing.

In actual DBZA news, Unabridged's new episode will be aired after a Commentary Stream happening right now on their twitch.
Did people actually like Unabridged?

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:20 pm

Wasn't the last one 2 years ago? Nobody wants to look at their ugly mugs

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:18 am

The new episode was DnD but goblins. The comedy is about how annoying people are with ruining the DM's creativity and the players being stupid. I don't play it so I'm not that impressed and they just aren't good enough actors to get me invested. From what I could gleam I was sort of out of it. I was distracted by Stephan's bald.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:42 am

>D&D
Better late than never to jump on this bandwagon I guess. Couldn't they make something even tangentially related to their main shtick? Like playing Call of Cthulhu, except with DBZA characters?

>D&D but goblins
That was like a mildly novel concept back in 2009 when Pathfander came out and turned goblins into their goofy mascot race (basically making them Gremlins minus the reproduction cycle).
Except D&D itself already that that in the 80s when they started expanding the options for playable races.
And tabletop RPGs in general alredy did ironic monster-only adventuring in the 70s.

>The comedy is about how annoying people are with ruining the DM's creativity and the players being stupid.
Oh, what a novel idea for a tabletop parody.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

popeyeschickensandwich

Post by popeyeschickensandwich » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:05 pm

The jokes are Lani is too into character, Kirran is just stupid, Kaiser is really into being a furry, Stephan is a "nice guy" but doesn't read anything until a bit later into the game, Zito is upset because he has to give up control to another person for the first time in his life so he tries to kill everyone in the game, and Grant is a cute mascot trying to sell toys and he is super annoying but everyone but Zito loves him. They start playing better when Grant's character dies, and end up winning but still being too stupid to win the way Zito wants them to. I don't really get the appeal of Grant, he looks weird and he always tries to be way funnier than he is by just being haha random with Kirran. I also don't understand how he got into their circle of dipshits if he just talked shit about DBZA being unfunny a lot. Oh yeah and Lani's character is a barbarian who screams a lot because he has no real range.

I had to rewatch it because I was, again, distracted by Stephan's bald.

I don't think it's up anymore because they want it to be a secret when it's really just low tier shit.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:36 am

So they're trying to make their own Critical Role, but silly? These assholes don't have an original idea in their head.