DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 am

He'll never realize it's all the same people. He's making around 1100 dollars on patreon and apparently that number has been stable for a while now. I don't know how much he's making in total per month from all his revenue sources, but if it's not enough NOW (and it is either just barely enough or barely not enough), that situation is not going to improve over the next year. He'll only become less relevant, not more.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 am

Desperation is all he has left.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:50 am

I just think it's tiring that every time Phil has a meltdown about something he has to go into his whole life story. At this point who hasn't heard it?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 am

I know I hear his entire life story every time I watch any Tevin video. Fug.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:06 am

He could just say Machinima sucks and leave it at that but that would be too easy

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:16 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 pm
But dude, what about the thousands of new viewers from his KOGayming channel?
He doesn't need them anymore, because he apparently found his niche: having idiots throwing money at him on Twitch.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:16 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 pm
But dude, what about the thousands of new viewers from his KOGayming channel?
He doesn't need them anymore, because he apparently found his niche: having idiots throwing money at him on Twitch.
I really hate twitch because people will use money to get a joke across with the on stream donation appearing. It might be 4.20 from dsp is shit but in the end the dude still made 4 dollars.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 am

If you ever want to see people with too much disposable income (or maybe not, people spend money on nonsense despite their terrible financial situation) and desperate for attention, just turn on some random streamer popular enough to receive donations. It's pathetic.

On the other hand, if you are a streamer, are you really going to turn down potential thousands of buckaroos coming from autists? I've seen people who used to not take donations to eventually give in, because even though your stream gets spammed by morons who wouldn't donate if their message wasn't read in public, you get mad cash.

It's crazy how much some people crave for attention and be part of something and they're willing to spend a lot of money on a lie. I wonder if there ever will be a study showing how much money is being thrown at those streamers because people want to fell a connection and have nobody to hang out with, versus people who simply want to support someone without telling the whole world about it.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 am

You know what they say about a gift horse's mouth...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 am
If you ever want to see people with too much disposable income (or maybe not, people spend money on nonsense despite their terrible financial situation) and desperate for attention, just turn on some random streamer popular enough to receive donations. It's pathetic.
Oh, I know. Even the ones that dond't act lolcowzy, like quii1l8, engage in shilling subs and donations (although, the contrast between a guy who only thanks his subs and DSP begging for money is remarkable). People donate $50 a month to a guy like it's nothing during a CIvilization VI stream, for "the booze fund" or some bullshit.

I would understand throwing in a buck or two on the hat of a guy who's informative and entertaining, but this? It's genius (from Twitch's/the streamer's standpoint) and devious, but also retarded.