Beers and Meads

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Beers and Meads

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:05 am

Crazy thing is the local places have the reverse of what I thought they'd more easily have in stock. Only Dansk Mjid here is Viking Blud, but it looks good to me.

How is Aecht Schlenkerla or St. Bernardus? Seeing good value ratings on both for the price.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:21 am

Aecht Schlenkerla, if we're talking about their Rauchbier, is absolutely worth a shot. I guarantee you that you've never had a beer like that before. Well smoked ham, but in your beer glass and actually really nice. Their other beer is fine as well but the Rauchbier is their unique and stand out product.

I know nothing about St. Bernardus. That's Belgian stuff and I ain't fucking wit dat gay shit.
I'm kidding. Belgian beer is usually really good but has fuck off pricing in Germany as they focus much more on the burger market and for a lack of importers to Germany as "foreign beer" is a really hard sell in the Bier Reich.
The ball is wild!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 am

My favorite one now is Hacker-Pschorr's Munich Gold. Not too light like Weihenstephaner where it goes down like water and you finish it before it's over.
But light enough I can have it pretty much anytime--like before bed--and it won't feel heavy at all.
Good price and good value.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 am
My favorite one now is Hacker-Pschorr's Munich Gold. Not too light like Weihenstephaner where it goes down like water and you finish it before it's over.
But light enough I can have it pretty much anytime--like before bed--and it won't feel heavy at all.
Good price and good value.
I was standing before that one today in my favourite drinks store. I ended up picking up Hacker Pschorr Kellerbier instead because you got a really awesome Tonkrug with it. I'm a sucker for having fitting glasses and mugs.

It's a golden brown colour and unfiltered. It's surprisingly refreshing with fine notes of malt without being heavy at all. The hops balance it quite nicely, just short of going into a hoppy bitterness. A very easy drink without being boring.
It's a lot like a Bock if it had normal alcohol volume. I like it. Won't be the last time I've had it and I'm glad I've got 19 more right now.
The ball is wild!