World Cup Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: World Cup Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:29 pm

This WC was fucking garbage. I've never seen such a low quality of play in general and so little goals out of regular play in any WC or EC ever.
The only currently hilarious thing right now is Özil quitting the national team and Hoeness dunking super fucking hard on the crybaby bitch boy.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 pm

It's a win-win situation here. The DFB can use this as the perfect distraction so that 90% of the idiots that fucked up in the WC will also be there to fuck up in the EC, while Özil will probably have a guaranteed spot on the Turkish national team until he does something to piss off Erdogan.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I don’t see the problem with that, one less overrated shitty Turk in the team

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Ozil cant just join the Turks now there are rules
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 pm
Özil will probably have a guaranteed spot on the Turkish national team until he does something to piss off Erdogan.
Does nobody know this anymore? Once you've played for a national team you can't ever play for another national team ever. That's to prevent some nation just giving strong players citizenships to have a super team.
That's also the reason why there are the little national teams for players under 21. To bind them to the nation before they turn out to become star players.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Nope, didn't know about that one. Though I'm sure they can arrange some exceptions on the basis that he's of Turkish stock, and a victim of hate speech in the only nation for whose team he is allowed to play.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Not a snowball's chance in hell. He's past his prime and such a thing would be for the FIFA to decide. In other words, you better give them billions under the counter to break the rules or you get laughed at. Turkey much rather would have a WC in their nation than having to grease the wheels for such a silly favour.
Plus, his whole "I don't even support Erdogan, fuck the guy for bringing me in this situation" kinda talk isn't making that more likely.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Won't stop the Big E from using his case as another verse in his rants agains the evils of the West.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:35 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Won't stop the Big E from using his case as another verse in his rants agains the evils of the West.
Sure it won't but what will stop him? Methinks nothing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:46 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 pm
Özil will probably have a guaranteed spot on the Turkish national team until he does something to piss off Erdogan.
Does nobody know this anymore? Once you've played for a national team you can't ever play for another national team ever. That's to prevent some nation just giving strong players citizenships to have a super team.
That's also the reason why there are the little national teams for players under 21. To bind them to the nation before they turn out to become star players.
Ackshully, that only applies to competitive senior games. If you've only played friendlies or under-21/other youth games you can swap your allegiance. Diego Costa actually had 2 caps for Brazil's first team before he switched to play for Spain. It's very rare that it happens because most people aren't complete bitch niggas about playing for their country, but it does happen occasionally. Although you're right that in this case it can't happen because Ozil has played in competitive games.