What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 am

I saw someone play Lightning Returns and dammit, it actually looked fun. Seems like a totally different team had control over the franchise by that point, because the game is nothing like FF13. It's a majora's mask apocalypse story with action rpg gameplay where you control a single character and switch between outfits like you'd switch classes in a tactics game. Except you do it on the fly, during battle. So you can switch to a mage class, cast a bunch of spells, then switch to a defender to block, then switch to a fighter to attack etc. Your stats change and everything. The hack and slash gameplay reminds me a little of Vagrant Story. You chain combo the giant enemy crabs so you can knock them on their backs for massive damage. Or you can parry to do the same thing.

Most of the annoying bullshit from FF13 didn't make the cut into Lightning Returns. All the old returning characters are edgy and cynical now, or they're blatant puppets of evil gods. You're kind of supposed to hate the annoying cunts.

I also reinstalled Lost Odyssey but I'll probably just uninstall that shit again. It's so fucking slow and the character designs suck dick.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 am

I found a bunch of old Gamecube games in my spare room, so I've been playing a lot of Viewtiful Joe this weekend. It's much harder than I remember, or maybe I'm just shit at it now. Good fun though. The first helicopter boss beat the shit out of me like 5 times and it was still fun to play the rest of the stage over again again.

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:45 pm
I think if I had any more types of bread in my bakery to explain to some clueless old person I'd probably go insane.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 pm
We have some fucking standard when it comes to food. We don't need no microwave/oven trash food. Even our smallest bakery has more types of bread than you will ever see in your culinary purgatory of a country!

(I wonder if Trump will start complaining about how we aren't buying enough pizza rolls...)
Sadly they have no gluten/spelt/wheat free alternative. Although it would be insane to demand that from a small bakery.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:45 pm
When I feel bad about the absolute state of Germany I really just have to think how fucked you guys are and how I don't actually have it all that bad here.
I like my town because of it's rich historical heritage. It was related to the German Peasants' War.

I thought about getting Mario Kart for the Switch but sadly everything is already unlocked so probably no long term motivation to keep playing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 am
Best song in the whole game.

Sonic R has the superior soundtrack. It really makes you feel the sunshine.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 am
I saw someone play Lightning Returns and dammit, it actually looked fun. Seems like a totally different team had control over the franchise by that point, because the game is nothing like FF13. It's a majora's mask apocalypse story with action rpg gameplay where you control a single character and switch between outfits like you'd switch classes in a tactics game. Except you do it on the fly, during battle. So you can switch to a mage class, cast a bunch of spells, then switch to a defender to block, then switch to a fighter to attack etc. Your stats change and everything. The hack and slash gameplay reminds me a little of Vagrant Story. You chain combo the giant enemy crabs so you can knock them on their backs for massive damage. Or you can parry to do the same thing.
I think they kinda dropped the ball with the class-changing because doing pretty much anything in your current class lowers some bar that'll only recover while being in a different class.
This feature alone makes me paranoid the game is not actually about switching to different classes to exploit enemy weaknesses and stringing together complicated combos, but a case of "Pick strongest class, alpha strike some bitches, switch to other classes till you can alpha strike again".

(Maybe I'm mistaken than this is actually Bayonetta: Final Fantasy Edition, but I don't trust Square-Enix.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Credo in Deum wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Sadly they have no gluten/spelt/wheat free alternative. Although it would be insane to demand that from a small bakery.
We carry those at my store. We just don't put them anywhere near the bakery because they taste like garbage and only a few people actually need them. We stick them on the literal opposite end of the store.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm
mad bum wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 am
Best song in the whole game.

Sonic R has the superior soundtrack. It really makes you feel the sunshine.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 am
I think they kinda dropped the ball with the class-changing because doing pretty much anything in your current class lowers some bar that'll only recover while being in a different class.
This feature alone makes me paranoid the game is not actually about switching to different classes to exploit enemy weaknesses and stringing together complicated combos, but a case of "Pick strongest class, alpha strike some bitches, switch to other classes till you can alpha strike again".

(Maybe I'm mistaken than this is actually Bayonetta: Final Fantasy Edition, but I don't trust Square-Enix.)
Even at an early point in the game, I have 2 very damaging classes (glass cannon black mage and a physical attacker) and 1 tank class. It's not as rough as you think it is. The story is still stupid, but less so since you only have 1 character.
RAPEMAN wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:14 pm

LR is the best of the ff13 series but thats not saying a lot, its still a shit game.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Warframe. Played the new cinematic quest "The Sacrifice". Didn't blow my socks off like some of the previous quests about autism or 15yr old boys . I think they bank a bit too hard on how much of a fuck I could possibly give about space mom.
They teased a bit with the whole "Dude, space mom is gone, mane!" shenanigans months ago to which my reaction was pretty much "Okay.".
The big reveal is pretty much "Dude, space mom is something you already know she is but now she's that thing for realsies again and gone but maybe also not and there will be a quest and it will likely be back to space mom not being gone any more somewhen in the future.". Again, "Okay.".

Also, a new old war. Gotta be honest, Sentients are the most unfun shitters to fight. Some level 100gofuckyourself Bombard can at least get memed on. There are many ways to kill such a fuckboy you're not really ever expected to fight from silly slash proc stuff to broken synergies to ridic Warframe abilities. Lots of dumb fun to be had!
Sentients are just dumb bullet sponges that get bullet spongier until you either reset their sponginess to regular bullet sponge or you alpha strike them with Mesa, Excal or Mag. On lower levels their gimmick doesn't even work because you shotgun them so hard their gimmick doesn't even matter.
I'm better not expected to fight those cunts even more. They are boring mission interrupters. Fuck off, get a Snickers. You lost the war. Get over it. At least the Orokin had the tact to stay gone.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 am

For now I’m trying to finish some games that I left pending like lost odyssey, I started it like one year and half ago but I have to play just disc 4, also I’m trying to finish RE revelations that also I have it pending since like a year ago but I think I have like two chapters left, hope I can finish both this week.

I’ve been playing world of tanks to check if some stuff as changed since the last time I played it, seems like the added some tanks but you must do like challenges to unlock them, so I suspect it’s gonna de annoying as fuck.