TheMysteriousMrEnter

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: TheMysteriousMrEnter

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm

fuckface wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am
Do you think Disney or whoever could sue him if he did manage to get it off the ground?
Threaten to, maybe, and just that might stop him. Actually manage, not likely. I refuse to read what he's written because what little I know of the thing hurts my head, but all he seems to have taken is a five word premise: Kids and Adults switch places. The 'original' was just a cocktail party where the kids and adults swapped dialogue; he's actually trying to build a world around the idea of forced retirement before age 20. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on going after him.

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:38 pm

fuckface wrote:
Pepsi Man wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 am
It's a stolen concept, in the first place.
Do you think Disney or whoever could sue him if he did manage to get it off the ground?
Nah, not if he made it different enough.
The problem is that he would have to be careful to go back and scrub every instance of him directly stating that he's taking the concept from whoever made it. Beyond that, though, he's a small fry. If he does get this off the ground then the cartoon will get, probably, 100k views on its first episode and be torn apart for being shit and he'll get lower and lower views, if any at all, after that.

These reviewer nobodies are never good at making their own thing.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:53 am

fuckface wrote:
Pepsi Man wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 am
It's a stolen concept, in the first place.
Unlikely. You can copyright works and characters, but not ideas or concepts.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:34 am

True. The tabletop RPG and video game scene is full of "X with the numbers filed off" products.

Would also be funny for Disney to to that considering the vast majority of their own IPs are more or less directly based on something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 am

So, of the $350,000 he asked for, he got... $10,641. Of course it's Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter, so I think he still gets all the money.

Really should've tried to do it as a comic book instead. From what I can tell, $5,000 is enough to get a high-end artist to do a fully colored comic book for you, and that's on the high end; you can probably find a passable artist on DeviantArt for much less. I actually wonder if he might have gotten more money if he did the Indiegogo for that, because it creates a more attainable goal and you can do extra issues as stretch goals to incentivize people to give more.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:35 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 am
So, of the $350,000 he asked for, he got... $10,641. Of course it's Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter, so I think he still gets all the money.
It was fixed funding, so he only got the money if he met his goal.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Just what does he enter anyway? I know he’s a[nus]sexual and all, but Enter strikes me as a guy who uses that as a front to hide some disgusting perversion that he knows is wrong. That or I just don’t understand his stupid name.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Chad Lightbringer vs Virgin Growing Around

Enter should at least attend college, Linkara did

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Really should've tried to do it as a comic book instead. From what I can tell, $5,000 is enough to get a high-end artist to do a fully colored comic book for you, and that's on the high end; you can probably find a passable artist on DeviantArt for much less. I actually wonder if he might have gotten more money if he did the Indiegogo for that, because it creates a more attainable goal and you can do extra issues as stretch goals to incentivize people to give more.
Plus having the comic be a (more or less) huge success would make future fundraiser for an animated adaptation easier to complete, since he would actually have an established fanbase.
Old Black Man wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:34 pm
Just what does he enter anyway? I know he’s a[nus]sexual and all, but Enter strikes me as a guy who uses that as a front to hide some disgusting perversion that he knows is wrong. That or I just don’t understand his stupid name.
Maybe it's referring to the enter key?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm
Plus having the comic be a (more or less) huge success would make future fundraiser for an animated adaptation easier to complete, since he would actually have an established fanbase.
Old Black Man wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:34 pm
Maybe it's referring to the enter key?
And just like that he somehow got gayer.