Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:20 pm
The Switch has had build quality problems since it was first released. From slightly bending to the screen being scratched up if you put it in and out of its stand a lot.
Also the thing's apparently prone to just wiping your saves if you say use a third-party docking station. I wonder why...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I haven't had any problems but mine is also very new so there's that. I don't really see why it would bend on it's own. Sounds a lot like being caused from carrying it around.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Which is a problem since it's meant to be played on the go.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:45 am

Sure, but it's made mostly from aluminium and is basically a tablet. I can see people just throwing it into their backpack with loads of other heavy shit in it and then go pretend it bent completely on it's own. It doesn't get hot enough to do that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 am

Fair point.
I think I'd call that good if it weren't for people making videos about it that have tech and gaming channels who are careful with their electronics.

I'm sure if you don't constantly dock and undock it and keep it out of bags and such you won't have the issue as widely but the way that it's marketed isn't really conducive to the level of care that'll keep it from sustaining damage.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:22 am

I guess I'll find out first hand. The dock scratching thing was mostly an instant issue and mine doesn't scratch the screen. The area in the front where it does make contact with the screen are the borders of it where there's no screen anyway and even that doesn't scratch.
I'd be interesting to look up model numbers. Mine very likely ins't a first production run so minor issues may have been fixed.

Seriously, if shit was going on with my Switch I'd say so. If anything, I'm glad I didn't get a flimsy POS like I was expecting. I have no interest in talking it up. Had Smash Ultimate not been confirmed I wouldn't even own one.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

madbum if you hate dreamcastguy I found something more "based" :lol:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:02 pm

That dude plays his audience for YouTube bucks, no thanks.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 am

Nintendo fanboys BTFO

https://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-prod ... 2318.phtml
"As far as Switch is concerned, I'm convinced that it isn't the ideal platform on which to develop Yakuza games. Maybe people don't expect this kind of game on Switch. Maybe they're used to different games. It may not be the ideal platform. As for Xbox One, we can consider it, knowing that Xbox One users may be more likely to be interested in a game like Yakuza. This could potentially be an option."
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 am

I've talked about how yakuza games are a bit overrated. It's not that big a deal except for hipsters who watch way too much HyperBitHero and GamingBritShow. I'd be way more excited about a localized Way of the Samurai, Tenchu or Kenka Bancho game than Yakuza.

Speaking of which, Kenka Bancho 5 arrived from Japan and it's really fucking good. No Nip language required and the combat is way better/deeper than Yakuza games. The maps are bigger too. It's a technical marvel on the psp of all fucking things.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome