Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Books

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Yup, sure sounds like fan fiction.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:10 am

That's probably why nobody's ever heard of it
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:18 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:10 am
That's probably why nobody's ever heard of it
The title rings a bell but I've never read it. The again, I've never read the original either.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:31 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:18 am
I've never read the original either.
You should, it's a good novel. I did Gothic fiction for my English A-Level so I read it and found it to be much better than the novels we were actually studying
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:26 pm

I was just surprised at how many oppurtunities the filmmakers passed by when making Dracula movies. It's already very cinematic on paper, or at least the early portion is(haven't finished it yet).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Well, the Frankenstein movies aren't very faithful either. Dunno why
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Well, the one with Robert de Niro covered pretty much all - or at least most - of the novel. Through I prefer the manga adaptation by Junji Itou (yes, that's a thing) because the monster actually fucking looks like one.

The reason why most movies aren't faithful is the same reason why most Dracula movies aren't exactly, either: Mainstream audience are more familiar with the early movie adaptations than they are with the actual source material.
Rushy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:26 pm
I was just surprised at how many oppurtunities the filmmakers passed by when making Dracula movies. It's already very cinematic on paper, or at least the early portion is(haven't finished it yet).
I think an authentic adaptation might just best work as a mini-series. That way you can better focus on the various different chapters while not having the audience wait so long for the continuation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:17 pm
Mainstream audience are more familiar with the early movie adaptations than they are with the actual source material
But it's a vicious cycle. The early movie adaptations weren't very faithful to begin with
Kugelfisch wrote:

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:21 pm

https://www.counter-currents.com/2017/1 ... ite-views/

This isn't intended to be a parody, but it's so far to the left it may as well be.
With her Harry Potter series of books and later movies, British author J. K. Rowling has obviously struck a chord in the psyche of white audiences. Despite her work being throughly saturated with social justice messaging, the fundamental premises of the story are an expression of more traditional, “elitist,” and even “racist” attitudes which white populations continue to hold on some level. Try as she might, Rowling could not avoid expressing these views. This is obvious in the nature of Hogwarts and the wizarding world, as well as the various races within it.
Hogwarts is not open to everyone, but neither does it require an application. Although the Death Eaters’ desire to accept only those they consider to have purely magical bloodlines is portrayed as an ugly part of their villainous character, admission is offered based on magical ability, which is an essentially genetic trait. Although it is not guaranteed to everyone whose parents possess it, it is something which people either do or do not have, regardless of any conscious effort on their part. No attempt is made to draw representative samples of the general population as with affirmative action; the school is exclusive to a genetic elite.
Throw this and the other magical paragraphs back in her big month every time she decides to have her monthly white woman feminist period.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I love it when they eat each other
Kugelfisch wrote: