DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Like I said, I used to play mario tennis on the highest difficulty in the n64 and gamecube days. No idea how it stacks up but it wasn't unfair even on the highest difficulty in the older games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Dare I ask how much the female characters moan? That's an important part about Women's tennis, after all.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:18 pm
"This isn't tennis! This isn't fun!" - DickStrokingPhil
You're right. It's not tennis. It was mega fun, though. :lol:
Tennis would be a lot more fun if it was about smashing the other guy's racket.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:47 pm

kek, he never ever goes for a trickshot. "I don't want that move ever!" tippity topkek too stupid for fucking Mario Tennis.
He tries running everywhere, burns his meter to slow down time and complains about not getting a full meter for super. Boy, is he dense. :lol:

"Nothing I can do when it changes direction like that!" yes you can. Interrupt charge with a trickshot to jump where the ball goes. He even does that two times. He's getting legit bullied by weak AI.
Bro, Blooper even returns balls weakly on shots he can hit just fine. You can't even do that normally. He's handing you trickshots on a silver platter! :lol:

"I can't see the court. I can't see where I'm shooting!" yeah but you can't shoot the ball out normally. You only get that when you hit a ball you were barely able to reach or time a Zone Shot return wrong.

He manages to shoot two Zone Shots into out, two into the net and two into the pole. Nigger, you have a crosshair! Aim!

Oh man, this is seriously hilarious. Blooper fucking bullies him so hard. Gets meter, Zone Shots. He could even trickshot those. He may time it too early but Blooper's racket is weak as fuck. The ice racket could likely take five or more mistimed returns.

Adventure Mode is basically one long tutorial. My sides, dude. What a total idiot. This is comedy gold!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:18 pm

He aims a lot of shots directly into the net or out. I remember that sticking out particularly strongly when I watched it too.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:54 pm

I love how he tries to claim an authority of the authenticity of sport in video games when he's an unathletic slob who has never played one. The most obvious example, besides his gut and man breasts, is his incorrect use of terminology. He kept calling the act of winning a point "scoring a goal", like it's football. As for football, I still remember him terming crossing the ball into a header a "hail mary into a flying headbutt". He then deemed it a cheap lucky tactic and something that wasn't true football.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:11 pm

I've watched part of his online gameplay against people. He just plain sucks ass and doesn't know at all what he's doing. It's, of course, the game's fault because nothing can ever be his fault. Even when he hits the right stick and thus performs a trick shot he will loudly proclaim that it was an accident and that the game sucks.
So keep that in mind. Next time he couldn't DP a jump in, not only did he not input a DP correctly, he likely also expects the game to know that he meant to DP and just do one for him.

Seriously, he's unbelievable garbage at the game. I've just beat adventure mode and the game gets fairly tough at some parts. The regular matches aren't the tough things, though. More the boss fights where you won't know for sure what to expect the first time around.
The match against Luigi, the last proper and toughest match, was a first try for me as well. Lost the first set completely, won the two sets after that. I was waiting for a gimmick and kinda expected him to sandbag me so I tried gimmicky shit myself at first. If you've understood the base game mechanics up to that point, you can just apply them and win, though.

He rages at obvious input error by him. He doesn't understand that double tapping X plus a direction will give him a trick shot and not a lob or a stop shot.
He also does not seem to grasp that he can't stand super far away from where the ball will hit the court. He stands there, charges a shot, his character has to really reach for the ball and it will, of course, be a super weak shot. How can you not notice that?
He's also not noticed that you don't get good angles if you take the opponent's ball volley.
He goes for a zone shot with the bare minimum of meter and wonders when he doesn't get a shot off if he takes to much time to aim.
He will attempt to go for zone shot without any meter at all and complain about it not working.
He bitches about not being able to hit fast balls played at an extreme angle when he's aaaaaall the way on the other side of the court. Like, nigger, you can't hit EVERY ball if your positioning is about as bad as it can be. Nobody would score ever if that was the case.

I could go on and on.
tl;dr: Dave is too dumb for a Mario Sports game, doesn't understand any of it, makes every mistake you could make and then complains about the game.
I should expect nothing less from him but, damn son, he seems to get worse even.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:14 pm

Oh, by the way, did he complete all side missions? He was level 22 or something at Blooper, I was 27 or something but I also did all side missions. I can't imagine him defeating Kamek. Especially not after his poor display against Blooper.

I can't wait for Blooper to release. Those curves on the slice are downright disgusting. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:54 pm
I love how he tries to claim an authority of the authenticity of sport in video games when he's an unathletic slob who has never played one. The most obvious example, besides his gut and man breasts, is his incorrect use of terminology. He kept calling the act of winning a point "scoring a goal", like it's football. As for football, I still remember him terming crossing the ball into a header a "hail mary into a flying headbutt". He then deemed it a cheap lucky tactic and something that wasn't true football.
Pele was such a fraud, man. Not real football, dood!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:50 am

Everyone knows the real football is the sport where you're not allowed to score with the head but instead hold the ball in your hands all the time. The name should really give it away, dood.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:01 am

RAPEMAN wrote: