Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Seele

Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by Seele » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:26 am

I was bored.

So apparently, the English localizers at Square Enix NA thought it might be clever to insert political slander towards alt-righters in the latest update to Unfinished Fantasy XV. Other lines include "fake news" and "you're the puppet" since they're so scared of the God Emperor.

Feel free to say anything about how far Final Fantasy has fallen, I guess.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 pm

They're shit games. Totally shit. Only hardcore fans and yaoi girls play them.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:12 pm

But how can FF15 be progressive if the party is a white (kinda) sausage fest?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:39 pm

I never liked the series. I only like FFTactics because it's a damn good strategy game and I couldn't give less of a fuck about what style it's in. But FF proper is at best boring shit that tries to be Wizardy and fails and at worst it's straight up gay shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:50 pm

The story of most FFs is either largely forgettable, or in the case of the modern ones animu trash that takes itself way too seriously and pretends to be some kind of deep, epic saga.
Also the developers' insistance to reinvent the wheel for the sake of reinventing the wheel can be pretty annoying.

Fuck, my favorite one is FF5 thanks to its fun combat and job system (the latter being a precursor of the one found in Tactics), and that one took itself not particularly serious most of the time. Feels almost like parody of the previous games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Play 4,5 & 6 and forget the rest.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Spoony's Ego

Post by Spoony's Ego » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 pm

So they don't actually translate from Bukkake to English but just throw in whatever they want like those YT Downfall videos? How in hell are they not being crushed by whoever is in charge over in Gokkun land?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Spoony's Ego wrote:So they don't actually translate from Bukkake to English but just throw in whatever they want like those YT Downfall videos? How in hell are they not being crushed by whoever is in charge over in Gokkun land?
As long as they get paid Gaijin Dollars they don't give a fuck. I remember during Gamergate some anime dub added a potshot at Gamergate in an anime that didn't mention it at all and changed the tone of the conversation entirely just to ram their politics in there. It was weird that they did that, since the anime was some retarded shit with the female characters having cartoon sized tits.

While I don't care for Final Fantasy, I am concerned this is a way for PC asswipes to stop the Japanese from ruining their vision of a perfect society. They can't influence them directly because as Yuri Bezmenov said they are hard to subvert and will tell you to fuck off, but they have the power to fuck up translations on purpose to inject their agenda that way. It's scummy as fuck, and if the Japanese don't pay attention and keep counting their zeni many will rely solely on fan subs for shit and just pirate. I know most anime fans do that anyway but it will get bad enough that it won't be worth distributing in the west at all.

It shits me how these SJW/goons feel the need to have influence and power in every little fucking place they can. Even on a damn youtube stream of some music the person moderating the chat was an SJW fucktard. They feel the need to control STREAM CHATS, that shit must be some form of mental issue.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Then there's also Treehouse, the studio handling the translation of Nintendo games in burgerland. Subverted to the max.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:44 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:Play 4,5 & 6 and forget the rest.
And Tactics, but yeah. IV was groundbreaking for the time and still holds up pretty well as long as you remember it's an old game. It's legitimately challenging. V has a cool combat system and job class with some classic fantasy storytelling. Not deep, but very fun. VI is the one everyone knows because it has amazing characters, a great story, at-the-time excellent graphics and fun gameplay. Oh, and some of the best video game music of all time.

Tactics is so good I question if Square Enix even made it. It reminds me of shit like Berserk, which was probably intentional with the Apostles and political plotlines.

Modern SE is just a shell of its former self. It hasn't made a legitimately amazing FF game in a long-ass time. FFIX was probably the last good one.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome