World Cup Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

World Cup Thread

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 pm

This one deserves a thread on it's own. The worst opening game in history is about to happen, so post here about any results and news that happens during the only sporting World Cup that matters and the only time Asalieri doesn't make shit content.

When I did my predictions I had this as the Round of 16:

I actually wrote down scores for every game to get that result, I didn't think Portugal could be eliminated but some of these weird results are possible and in World Cups there are always some upsets (though it's not always madness like with 2002). Also Portugal were pure shit at Euro 2016 and fluked that victory by only winning one game to make the final in regular time, they won;t get out of their group finishing third like they did then. Here is how I see it finishing:

Germany to lose in the final 4 going back to normal like they did at Euro after reenacting WW2 to get there, Argentina to not top their group and scrape by like they did in qualifying (I had them have 2 draws and then winning their last game to sneak out) only to get fucked by France. England to fuck up again like they always do, Iceland to keep being a meme until facing a team worth a shit to bring them back down to reality (AKA not Australia). Wishful thinking for Australia to go through but it is possible if we draw Denmark and beat Peru (which is very possible, they didnt look all that impressive against fucking New Zealand', 11th in the world my dick). By the final 4 all the underdogs are eliminated like they always are (Unless it's 2002). France vs Spain final, with the French winning it like how they should have won Euro.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AngrySpoonySnob

Re: World Cup Thread

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm

shit is all rigged these days who cares, it would be more fun to predict which match will have the most idiotic VAR related error/callback.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm

I don’t remember a worst opening game like this one, but in the case of Russia we will see if they get to the next stage by default Korea-Japan style, at least the good games start tomorrow, gonna try to watch the UrGay match.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm
shit is all rigged these days who cares, it would be more fun to predict which match will have the most idiotic VAR related error/callback.
Which team has the most trannies?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Im not good at spotting FtM trannies but when you watch "women's" football there are loads of MTFs.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Oh god soccer, another reason to avoid other entertainment.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm
shit is all rigged these days who cares
How are the Dutch going to go this time... Oh wait :lol:
it would be more fun to predict which match will have the most idiotic VAR related error/callback.
My local league had that implemented before anyone, and trust me the VAR is going to cause a ton of drama. Our cup final was decided on a clearly offside goal that the idiotic VAR ref couldn't see.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

I always love discussions about that stuff over here, with people going "B-b-but it would take too much time!". Certainly takes less time then the days and days of salt and drama created whenever a ref fucks up (on purpose).
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 pm
Im not good at spotting FtM trannies but when you watch "women's" football there are loads of MTFs.
As soon as they let the first FtM tranny play women's football, they will open the floodgate and bring forth entire teams made out of "real", ""legit"" """trannies""".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 pm

The VAR was just implemented to give the gambling maffia even more control over the results instead of helping the game.

And the saddest thing about us not going is that the media is trying to push us into the direction of supporting fucking Morocco, its never going to happen but its sad to see a lot of big dutch players and coaches selling out just to push the narrative of you should support Morroco because its good for integration and some of their stars were born here blabla.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Morocco is exporting terrorism, run by blokes who waste tax dollarinos and big fuckoff prestige projects. A world cup is the last thing they need.
-Yours Truly