Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by mad bum » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 am

You guys see the SNK arcade mini? It's gonna have Garou amongst others.

I wish it didn't have 30 KOF games on it since I'm sure people only play about 2 of them, but it looks pretty neat.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm
The TOP system is the greatest fitan mechanic ever conceived. It's a real damn shame it's never been used after Garou.
Other than give you health regen, what does it do?

Also I really, really wish Garou would get the third strike treatment. Imagine another edition of Garou with about twice as many characters and a new rebalancing. The game is already pretty balanced from what I hear, but the roster is kinda small.

We need:

Blue Mary
Andy
Rick S. from Real Bout Fatal Fury
Geese would be so hype in Garou
Heavy D! :lol:
Yamazaki
Shingo Yabuki to fill the "unconventional shoto/joke character" role
Billy

Just make them older or whatever, give the new models and shit. It'd be amazing. But whatever it's not like garou is bad because the roster isn't the biggest. I just miss certain characters from Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and the kof games like 98. KoF 11 has a lot of Garou characters in it, so it's kind of a fun alternative to Garou for me.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 am
You guys see the SNK arcade mini? It's gonna have Garou amongst others.

I wish it didn't have 30 KOF games on it since I'm sure people only play about 2 of them, but it looks pretty neat.
Anything after '98 is going to be at least playable. '98 and 2002 will be the big ones for KoF, but Samsho comes with 2, 4 and 5, all of which people enjoy a lot. I would play a lot more samsho (2 and 4 specifically) if there was a community to play with. I dunno how populated fightcade is for these games but I would guess not very.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Speaking of extra Garou chars, it is a bit weird that Mary and Terry never got a kid. Would be cool if Rock had a rival that was basically Grappler Terry.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 am
You also deal extra damage and get can use a special command move, usually some kind of overhead.
ban wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 pm
Or do some other far out shit like copy old jazz sessions with drums and sax and superimpose them on anisons to make something new. Even now it's stupidly rare :

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm
The TOP system is the greatest fitan mechanic ever conceived. It's a real damn shame it's never been used after Garou.
You deal more damage, get an additional move and you can place the TOP bar wherever you want on your health bar and even alter the size of it. Shorter bar, more bonus damage, longer bar, less bonus damage.
You also regen health for Just Defending (parrying) an attack. Especially important against the boss that will throw fireballs like a motherfucker.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:14 pm

The TOP bar size thing depends on the version. Originally it was 1/3 life bar and 1/3 life bar only.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:14 pm
The TOP bar size thing depends on the version. Originally it was 1/3 life bar and 1/3 life bar only.
On the version of what? I have the original Neo Geo MVS game and you can change the size of the bar in it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 pm
I know about Dekaranger and how Lupins' theme kinda sounds the Dekaranger Midnight song. My post was about how rare it is, since Deka was more than 10 years ago.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Just wanted to provide more smooth Toku tunes.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
On the version of what? I have the original Neo Geo MVS game and you can change the size of the bar in it.
Original as in arcade or home console? AFAIK the variable length is a home-only.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:16 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:09 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Original as in arcade or home console? AFAIK the variable length is a home-only.
I did say MVS, didn't I? Actual cartridge, actual Neo Geo MVS. I don't have the AES version because shit's expensive.
My MVS does have a custom chip, though, so I can chose when booting if the AES or MVS version and what language version is used. It's all the same ROM for NG games anyway. The console chooses what version is played. I don't remember altering the size of TOP ever not being enabled. You move the stick up or down to do it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!