Red Dead Redemption 2 missions LOCKED BEHIND A PAYWALL

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Red Dead Redemption 2 missions LOCKED BEHIND A PAYWALL

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

gaming esta la muerteeeeeeeeeeeeee
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 missions LOCKED BEHIND A PAYWALL

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Rockstar is no better than EA yet they get a pass because MUH HOOKER KILLING. They know people will buy it regardless, I will be shocked if it doesn't have loot boxes or some other form of paid currency.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:38 pm

No big surprise after being what happened with gta online, no single player dlc because is easier to sell shark cards, even some achievements in the require to spend money to get them. I expect some horse cards that you must buy to get the nice stuff in rdr2 without grinding like crazy like it happens in current gta online.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Video games are such shit and nothing will change.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Bobito wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:38 pm
No big surprise after being what happened with gta online, no single player dlc because is easier to sell shark cards, even some achievements in the require to spend money to get them. I expect some horse cards that you must buy to get the nice stuff in rdr2 without grinding like crazy like it happens in current gta online.
GTA online was a big eye opener for them after how it brought it a continued source of income long after the game was released. They are guaranteed to have similar things in this game. The question really is how far they will try to push it to maximize jewdollars.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 pm

At least I hope the single player campaign in rdr2 is good and they don't find more ways to be jews in that part of the game. I like to play gta online time to time with friends, mostly doing heists or just messing around so of course no way i'll spend more money to buy a new vehicle or just to shoot and orbital weapon that cost like 500.000 one shot. By now I just assume that rdr2 online is gonna be similar but this time with horses.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:19 pm

>expecting anything better from AAA

I guess the world collectively forgot the whole XBONE debacle that microsuck had to quietly try to walk back?

There's a reason I haven't bought SF V yet, apart from it being shit. I own a lot of shit fighting games, but I refuse to be jewed out on characters every season.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Rockstar going full cunt mode - they're doing the same thing as other shitty corporations, testing the waters of how far they can go without royally pissing people off. But admittedly, looking at the stuff they're talking about, this is nothing new, it's just heartbreaking for those fanboys to find out that their beloved shitty corporation simply acts like a shitty corporation.

So far, they've done a great job of making me not even want to play RDR 2. And I loved RDR 1. Still, I do hope the single player will match the qualities of the first game without too much bullshit.

I really don't care much for one fucking mission, that's blowing it way out of proportion. It's not like this hasn't been an industry standard thing for a very long time - I sure don't mind if people give rockstar shit, they don't deserve anything less, but I am way more concerned about other things they might be doing with the game.
Last edited by Some Sick Fuck on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:26 pm

This whole industry needs to burn down like in the good old days. This is like the scummiest shit you can't pull of anywhere else - and the idiot consumers love.

(Also, is it just me, or does this Current Year AAA extravaganza look a bit too clean and glossy for a fucking western game?)
mad bum wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 pm
GTA online was a big eye opener for them after how it brought it a continued source of income long after the game was released. They are guaranteed to have similar things in this game. The question really is how far they will try to push it to maximize jewdollars.
As far as they can ignore the outrage.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:14 pm

Avoiding outrage is really the key. Every time something like this happens, all the ad people and marketers step back to try to figure out how things will settle and if it will impact sales or not. If not, they'll go full steam ahead into full hand wringing mode and charge for everything. I'm surprised SFV doesn't charge you on a per-match basis tbh.

But if the backlash is large, then they walk it back just a BIT and think about how they can spin the walkback as "we love our customers so much."

This always happens and will continue to. And the root of it all is just plain greed. Games cost too much now. Too much to make and too much to buy. Even indies cost a shit ton now. $30 for an indie game is ridiculous. A lot of indies are barely at early access levels of quality. Setting aside how fun the game is, a lot of indies just plain don't fucking work.

Y'know, I don't really notice other interests being nickel, dimed and price-gouged to the same degree is video games. Even shit like music and movies doesn't usually cost 2x more with a bunch of microtransactions from one year to the next.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome