Does anyone have a review or video on the state of Star Wars Battlefront II now?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Does anyone have a review or video on the state of Star Wars Battlefront II now?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 22, 2018 5:34 pm

I wonder if these Cuckfront games have just enough unlocks to have you run out in time for the next release in 12ish months.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Does anyone have a review or video on the state of Star Wars Battlefront II now?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm

That's how it usually is with Battlefield. By the time the new one arrives, the regulars are thirsty as fuck for new unlocks. Why do you think they get a mega hard on for shit like the 3 second trailer today? Three. Second. Trailer. Live streamed. Three (3) seconds.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 pm

I didnt even realize until just now that the hero characters in these new versions probably are fucking Tranny Sue and Crylo Ren amongst others. Probably not even including the old cool ones but all the new faggy ones so Ive lost all interest.

Looked it up and while they include the new lame ones at least there are still some of the old regulars, would they dare take em out of the next game to erase all memory of good SW characters?
Im actually hoping they do so all purist will stick with the old game.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 am

This "jump to the newest game" culture sucks, I think battlefield bad company comes to mind of a good old console game that should still be played today.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue May 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm
That's how it usually is with Battlefield. By the time the new one arrives, the regulars are thirsty as fuck for new unlocks.
Not really for Battlefield, which is why I was able to play these games for quite a long time even after sequels released. You can still get plenty of matches for BF3 and esp¸ecially BF4, which is holding up well, at the very least on PC at times has bigger population than BF1.

Haven't you said that you haven't played Battlefield game in a long time? How would you know? :P

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 29, 2018 1:21 pm

I haven't played since Bad Company 2. Sure, you will find matches still but good luck trying to get a clan war going in any of the newer titles after a new one came out.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue May 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Well, since I'm a bit connected to that side, that's really not an issue - completitive players have always been minority and they usually remain very dedicated to one game, often going back to the older titles if they don't like the newest one (like with BF1, a lot of them went back to BF4). Besides, most of the people really don't see this is a title for 5v5 matches - I really don't see the problem, this is not how you play battlefield. It never was. Sure, maybe 15 years ago in BF 1942 you had amazing LAN party here and there, but times have changed.

BF1 now had separate 5v5 competitive mode and so far, barely anyone cared, so it's dead in the water after seemingly a lot of effort went into it, like changing vanilla maps to fit better to the mode, which is something DICE has never done before. It has failed just like any other DICE's effort to bring more competitive game modes into those games, like defuse in BF4 or whatever the fuck it was called in Hardline. Every single effort on their side has failed because majority of the player base doesn't care to play 5v5. Sure, there have been some efforts with 12v12 clan wars, but to me, that always seemed like clusterfuck and nothing ever really came out of that.

Bottom line, the games are still populated, and since the userbase usually is more hardened and experienced, the teamplay with randoms also get better in time.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Nobody ever cared about 5v5 I'm talking about actual conquest mode. Pretty much since after BF3 that doesn't work at all anymore. It's not such a massive game anymore, as dumb as it sounds since they are selling like crazy. You need the influx of casuals to keep a comp scene alive. In BF, theses days, that just doesn't work anymore. The massive horde of casuals fucks off to every new title for the most part.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 31, 2018 10:40 am

I find it funny how hard they try to make their FPS games esport ready, long after they themselves have made it an industry standard for these games to have all sorts of RPG systems with perks and weapon unlocks / customization.

Many moons ago, when people still only played for fun, you had your Unreal Tournaments and other arena shooters where the only thing that mattered were your gaming skills and knowledge of the map.

This evolution is a bit like making chess super competitive after you introduced booster packs to the game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu May 31, 2018 1:28 pm

I got the game to reward myself because I got a job again and the game is pretty awesome.
To me there isnt a huge difference with the 2005 version in gameplay etc.

It is one horribly optimized game though. Going to have to get 16gb ram once I get my first paycheck because singleplayer is laggy as fuck. Somehow nvidia geforce experience and the auto detect in game put everything at ultra but the game wont even run stable at low settings.

Multiplayer runs a lot smoother until I quit, then its an eternal loading screen to get back to the main menu.

Gotta love gaming in 2018 sigh
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine