Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 7:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 pm
And after The Last Jedi, they did this weird thing where Holdo was totally Force-sensitive all along and this was all a very powerful part of the character. Or some shit.

That Power Rangers reboot did a similar thing where they hyped the crap out of "OMG first ever lesbian hero so stunning and brave", but then in the actual movie the lady didn't get any more specific than "My mum doesn't approve of muh life choices".
They do that with all the female characters for some reason. I remember after AOTC they were saying Padme was Force sensitive. Then they did the same thing with the chick from Rogue One. I'm not sure what the point is. You've killed them off so you can't turn them into Jedi, and you certainly can't have them become Jedi in prequel adventures.

And I will legit flip the fuck out if they even think about making Maul the villain for the Obi-Wan movie, which is the only reason they would have him cameo in Solo. The only fucking reason.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm

This is like basically when Rowling told everyone that Dumbledore was totes gay way after the fact. Except "Force-sensitive" isn't really a thing IRL (unless you count "intuition"). They're padding themselves on the back for muh deep character and I guess also stunning and brave with something that means fuckall.

But hey, Disney being willing to have prequel characters return in live-action flicks might mean that Darth Binks could be the main villain of Episode 9.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Don't forget the time Rowling told everyone Hermione was totes black an shiiiiiiiieeeet, despite her drawing her as a white girl and selecting thirst central since she fit her more. :lol:

Given that they wanted to do a Darth Maul game at some point I wouldn't be surprised if Darth Gay and Darth Andy Serkis returned from the grave of Bifurcated old farts as the final villains, with their bodies incorrectly sawed on each others legs for some wacky hijinks since it's Star Wars. :mrgreen:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 19, 2018 9:37 pm

(I guess she will be black whenever they decide to reboot the movie franchise.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat May 19, 2018 9:38 pm

She was in that theatrical sequel or whatever it was, that's where the shitstorm began.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 4:39 am

To be fair, theatre stunt casts characters like that all the time. You can find a million different iterations of Shakespeare plays where the cast is 90% black, mexican, muslim, etc....

Post by Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 6:45 am

Speaking of black, JJ's people are looking for a strong independent black woman to portray a new character in Ep. 9. She'll probably team up with Rose to fight whitey.

Post by Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 6:56 am

What's the over/under that Soylo is gonna feature tons of obscene references to the Disneywars movies, like how he's gonna get stabbed to death by his stupid son in a couple decades? Maybe a spike goes through his hand and he says "damn, that's a son of a bitch."

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun May 20, 2018 7:07 am

Guest wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:56 am
What's the over/under that Soylo is gonna feature tons of obscene references to the Disneywars movies, like how he's gonna get stabbed to death by his stupid son in a couple decades? Maybe a spike goes through his hand and he says "damn, that's a son of a bitch."
Regardless, I'll never know. I've never been so excited to not see a movie in my entire life.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 am

I wonder if they'll somehwo manage to reference Guardians of the Galaxy, just to make the fans jizz in their pants at the possibility of Marvel Wars.
-Yours Truly