Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: He he he he

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am

My brother had seen all the Indiana Jones films except Temple Of Doom so we watched it together. And I thought it held up remarkably well. The cinematography was colorful, I didn't mind Short Round or Willie(as silly as they both were) and the whole thing had the air of a horror film(even with the cheesy moments, you have to admit it's a lot more effective than the Conjuring/Insidious/Paranormal Activity crap we see nowadays).

So yeah, I might be evil, but I might rank the Naziless Indiana Jones films above the Nazi ones.
MAKE DHI HAPPY AGAIN!!! (whether anyone wants to or not)

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 3622
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: In jail for tax evasion

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am
So yeah, I might be evil, but I might rank the Naziless Indiana Jones films above the Nazi ones.
I was going to respectfully disagree with you until I noticed that you said films, plural. You must be on crack if you think Crystal Skull is even good let alone better than Raiders or Last Crusade.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: He he he he

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Fri May 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am
Rushy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am
So yeah, I might be evil, but I might rank the Naziless Indiana Jones films above the Nazi ones.
I was going to respectfully disagree with you until I noticed that you said films, plural. You must be on crack if you think Crystal Skull is even good let alone better than Raiders or Last Crusade.
Hehe. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I will say that I have a huge soft spot for it.
MAKE DHI HAPPY AGAIN!!! (whether anyone wants to or not)

User avatar
da PAC Nigguh
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Movie Thread

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 18, 2018 2:47 pm

ToD is aight.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 11004
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 18, 2018 4:03 pm

I think it is the movie that's closest to the premise of the cheesy adventure movie that Indiana Jones was supposed to be. It's got that B-movie appeal.

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 9648
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am
My brother had seen all the Indiana Jones films except Temple Of Doom so we watched it together. And I thought it held up remarkably well. The cinematography was colorful, I didn't mind Short Round or Willie(as silly as they both were) and the whole thing had the air of a horror film(even with the cheesy moments, you have to admit it's a lot more effective than the Conjuring/Insidious/Paranormal Activity crap we see nowadays).
Maybe it's because of rose-tinted glasses, but I never how the internet paints Short Round and Willie as the Navis of Indiana Jones.

Sure, they're not great characters, but I feel like their annoyance factor got flanderized the fuck up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.

-Yours Truly

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 11004
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 18, 2018 5:18 pm

I was never really bothered by them either.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 3622
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: In jail for tax evasion

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Spielberg's wife was pretty fuckable in that movie. I particularly like the part where her beautiful white dress got turned into a midriff with massive cleavage, as did Spielberg I imagine.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
JL Unlimited
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri May 18, 2018 6:48 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm
Maybe it's because of rose-tinted glasses, but I never got how the internet paints Short Round and Willie as the Navis of Indiana Jones.
Short Round I can understand, but Willie? She was forced into Indy’s adventure without consent. If there was ever an excuse for someone to act like an annoying cunt, this was it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:19 pm
Listening to a celebrity is like listening to a fly, they both live in reality but understand very little of it.

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 9648
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Unless hygiene conditions are very shitty, I don't think high-class nightclub employees are very used to putting their entire arm in a bunch of fuckhuge vermin.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.

-Yours Truly

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests