Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by MegaNigger » Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 am

TFS confirmed for shittest taste if they hate on the Bruce Faulcner score. He made that show so much better. I cannot watch DBZ without it.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Tue May 15, 2018 5:43 am

The Faculner score is extremely hit or miss for me. Sometimes he nailed it with the Cell theme but others sounded like bargain basement hanna babera riffs.

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am

JL Unlimited wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:53 pm
At least Faulconer made original music on a tight deadline and a low budget.
If I remember correctly, he gave the reason for hating it as 'too rushed because of the tight deadline' or something. This is also the guy who insists on using the Japanese names for attacks even though they use the English names of the characters. I think the problem is after season one he just started taking this way too seriously and treated it like a semi-official (In his mind. He went on a rant at one point about how this bit needs to be put in the show because it was 'such good character development) instead of just a light-hearted riff on a show a bunch of us enjoyed as kids but now look back and realise how goofy it was.

Post by Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 am
TFS confirmed for shittest taste if they hate on the Bruce Faulcner score. He made that show so much better. I cannot watch DBZ without it.
Brainlet.
You at least like the nip OP/ED themes, right?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

drisko wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am
This is also the guy who insists on using the Japanese names for attacks even though they use the English names of the characters.
What is the Kamehameha called something different in English?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue May 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm
drisko wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am
This is also the guy who insists on using the Japanese names for attacks even though they use the English names of the characters.
What is the Kamehameha called something different in English?
They made a whole joke about the Special Beam Cannon where they couldn't pronounce the Japanese name. Also Raditz using his, "keep your eye on the birdy," attack which was a hilariously goofy moment in the original dub but had an actual name in Japanese, apparently.

Any time the english dub changed a name or used a literal translation (SEE: Evil Containment Wave vs Mafuba) TFS will use the japanese name. Very rarely does it even flow well, though. About the only time I can think of it flowing correctly was when they had Piccolo use the Hellzone Grenade since that name is actually just flat awesome.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 pm
This is probably one of the surest sign of you having fucked up an abridged series.

Also, this reminds me... Little Kuriboh's been doing his abridged show for way longer than TFS. Just how far into the Yugi saga is he?
Looking it up, it seems the most recent episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series goes up through around episode 175 of the anime, and the most recent episode of Dragon Ball Z Abridged corresponds to around episode 168 (or 183, depending on whether you're going by the original Japanese count or the first English dub count).

I'm not sure how good of a comparison that is, though, because Dragon Ball Z's legendary amount of padding means you can get through episodes much quicker in an Abridged Series than you could with Yu-Gi-Oh. Heck, just by removing the padding and doing no other skips, as was done with Dragon Ball Z Kai, means the point that was episode 168/183 is now episode 91.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Plus LK is mostly doing those videos all by himself, no?
In either case, taking so fucking long for what is supposed to be the condensed version of a show with a full team of people is just shameful.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri May 18, 2018 9:31 am

Well he has editors and a couple of voice actors, but yeah it's mostly just him.

It's astounding that, despite all of the hiatuses LK took, DBZA never caught up. Yeah LK had a two year lead on them but he also would take four or five months in between episodes some times. Meanwhile DBZA would come out every month or two but never came close to surpassing YGOA.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Dbza is far more popular though
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]