Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Pope Corky III

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:42 pm
With the clear exceptions of Mark Waid and Dan Slott, most of them actually have wives and children. The reasons they don't want Spider-Man to be married are:

A) Because they feel like marriage 'ages' the character. For him to be married he's got to be at least in his late twenties to early thirties, as opposed to the early-to-mid twenties and late teens that he was in previously. Of course, now he's basically divorced which to me ages him even more
B) Because they think that Spider-Man books should have some stupid as shit relationship drama rather than having his wife as something stable in his life. Of course most readers don't give a shit about relationship drama but try to tell Marvel that
C) Joe Quesada actually wanted Peter Parker to date (and presumably fuck) a girl named after and based on his daughter.

Those are all really stupid, but that last one is so dumb, I'm not even gonna ask if she's of age, let alone if she's hot.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:42 pm
With the clear exceptions of Mark Waid and Dan Slott, most of them actually have wives and children. The reasons they don't want Spider-Man to be married are:

A) Because they feel like marriage 'ages' the character. For him to be married he's got to be at least in his late twenties to early thirties, as opposed to the early-to-mid twenties and late teens that he was in previously. Of course, now he's basically divorced which to me ages him even more
B) Because they think that Spider-Man books should have some stupid as shit relationship drama rather than having his wife as something stable in his life. Of course most readers don't give a shit about relationship drama but try to tell Marvel that
C) Joe Quesada actually wanted Peter Parker to date (and presumably fuck) a girl named after and based on his daughter.
I remember seeing on TV Tropes, not sure if it was real, but when one of the entries talking about OMD mentioned an interview/panel Quesada did where he mentioned he wanted to sacrifice his ex-wife (I think she was a redhead too) to bring back his dead mother. He had this weird thing about killing off childless wives throughout his tenure as EIC.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 am

I heard something like that myself. That Quesada was going through a painful divorce himself which is why he wanted Peter and MJ broken up. He's still with his wife as far as I know so it might be an urban myth, but if it somehow isn't it tells you a lot about the mindset of the people who actually run Marvel.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Another explanation could be that Peter wasn't married when they read capeshit, and their mid-life crisis causes them to try to return Peter to the "good old days".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm

How many teenage adolescents to they need to have to represent them? They already have dozens of them. What, Ms. Muslim Marvel and Gay Wiccan werent good enough for them?

That's why I buy collections with the older characters. Steve Rodgers and Wolverine have never been kids, thankfully. There's also plenty of others.

I heard once that you don't target children, target adults. (It may be tempting to do the opposite but this is better in the long run).
Adults will go for the adult stuff, and kids/teens want the stories that are cool and more grown up.
Doing it the other way, the only ones left are manchildren; which though loyal, don't tend to have a lot of money. (Also they end up making the parents awkward with their creepy presence.)
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 am
Those are all really stupid, but that last one is so dumb, I'm not even gonna ask if she's of age, let alone if she's hot.
But I'll ask. I hope she's thirteen. and hot
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

GuestWrong

Post by GuestWrong » Tue May 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm
Steve Rodgers and Wolverine have never been kids, thankfully.
How soon they forget.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Another explanation could be that Peter wasn't married when they read capeshit, and their mid-life crisis causes them to try to return Peter to the "good old days".
Well, you've sort of gotten to the crux of people's complaints. If Marvel wanted to do stories about a young, unmarried Spider-Man, they already had Ultimate Spider-Man or Marvel Adventures Spider-Man or at least several other imprints with a teenaged Spider-Man. There was no reason they couldn't let the main Spider-Man mature a bit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 pm
Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 am
But I'll ask. I hope she's thirteen. and hot
This is her
I'm pretty sure she's legal now, which actually doesn't make it any less creepy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 pm

In Hollywood 13 is considered legal.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 11:01 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 pm
In Hollywood 13 is considered legal.
Any institution ran by gross desert people aims for single digits.