Good and / or underrated capeshit games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Re: Good and / or underrated capeshit games

Post by ban » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Blame AssCreed for that with their bullshit Eagle Vision tictac. Fuck those games. It's bad enough Batman games took cues from that when it came to stealth instead of...Tenchu or something like MGS's special visors or Splinter Cell's multi visor that Samus semi-copied in the Prime Series. That would have been neat.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:22 pm
Arkham City feels a bit awkward. It's cool being able to zip and glide around all over the place, but the setting feels oddly confined and gamey. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Escape-from-New-York-style premise came about because at that time they couldn't figure out how to make an actual city with cars 'n' shit work.
That's exactly what happened. And they still couldn't get it working by the time of Arkham Knight, presumably due to the intense output being unable to be handled by the PS4's power. The engines they worked on for those games didn't help much either. It's a miracle Arkham Knight has the sandbox it has with the criminals and cars and keeps its frames steady at 30. While impossible for the PS3, I imagine that if they had a game on the PS4 where Gotham was the size of Arkham City, they could fill it with civilians and all that and keep the graphics they had. Otherwise they'd probably need it to scale way the fuck down at Web of Shadows levels with the buildings looking horrible.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm
This site has quite a bit of stuff. Mods, some generic power sfx for custom heroes, and a converter that lets you use any skins from FR in FRv3R (which is handy considering FR includes around 3 skins intended for OCs which didn't return in the sequel).
Thanks ill check it out when I get back to playing this game.
Just ragequit lol... I absolutely HATE it when games punish you for not acing the first few missions.

At first I completed the tutorial level flawlessly of course but then it wouldnt let me continue to the second mission, a common known bug after googling. So I did it again while rushing through it which gave me less points to develop my character which didnt allow me to take the suggested skill.

I figured what heck lets continue and then to my surprise the next level I managed to complete without the skill but I couldnt train after that. So the fucking third mission I keep getting pwned because my character is under developed. Basically I need to restart and do everything perfect up until that point, which I find to be completely ass backwards.

Games shouldnt be designed in a way where you have to start over if something goes wrong the first 2 levels ah well, shouldnt take too long but Im not going to play the fucking tutorial level for the third time in one day.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2018 12:25 am

The Amazing Spider-Man is okay if you like the Arkham games. It's really a sequel to the first movie with Spidey fighting classic villains all over the city. The second game is technically better but it's just a big fetch game with Stan Lee acting like a perv. Big meh.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 pm
Games shouldnt be designed in a way where you have to start over if something goes wrong the first 2 levels ah well, shouldnt take too long but Im not going to play the fucking tutorial level for the third time in one day.
I've never really felt like a mission became impossible because I didn't 100% every previous one. You don't really need perfect everything for max points, unless you crank up the difficulty way high.

If the enemies are kicking your ass, that's probably because they guys either have a numerical advantage, or have an easy way to exploit your character's weaknesses. I recommend either switching up the team, or chucking cars and shit at them to thin out their ranks.
And If you feel like you're short on points, almost every mission has a power-up sitting around that gives the guy who picks it up some more points.

I would say one of the few upgrades that is absolutely necessary is making Man-Bot flight-capable, 'cause the dude is slow as shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
I've never really felt like a mission became impossible because I didn't 100% every previous one. You don't really need perfect everything for max points, unless you crank up the difficulty way high.

If the enemies are kicking your ass, that's probably because they guys either have a numerical advantage, or have an easy way to exploit your character's weaknesses. I recommend either switching up the team, or chucking cars and shit at them to thin out their ranks.
And If you feel like you're short on points, almost every mission has a power-up sitting around that gives the guy who picks it up some more points.

I would say one of the few upgrades that is absolutely necessary is making Man-Bot flight-capable, 'cause the dude is slow as shit.
There is no choice in characters yet in the first 3 missions you just deal with what you have. But after the first mission already when you train for the first time you are told to take a skill which you can only get from flawlessly doing the first mission.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 14, 2018 4:12 pm

That's just the tutorial going "Did you know you can buy/upgrade stuff?!" a bit early.

I guess that skill is National Guard, which redirects ranged attacks? Nice to have, but I prefer taking out the enemies before they can shoot too often.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon May 14, 2018 4:28 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:12 pm
That's just the tutorial going "Did you know you can buy/upgrade stuff?!" a bit early.

I guess that skill is National Guard, which redirects ranged attacks? Nice to have, but I prefer taking out the enemies before they can shoot too often.
No its the minute missile skill.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Oh, that one. Yeah, it's a bit of a chain lightning attack with stun. I'm still positive you can just throw a car at a dude (which should one-shot normal dudes), or grab a pole and go to down on them (each swing knocks them into the air and keeps them out of the fight that way).
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Boy, would you hate rougelikes.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 15, 2018 12:10 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 am
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Boy, would you hate rougelikes.
No those are actually designed to be replayed, this game and its boring first few levels are not.

Ive played FTL for hours upon hours and liked darkest dungeon until the 20 hour mark or so.

And isnt the thing about roguelikes that theyre actually designed around something going wrong most of the time and yet you can still correct that? Pretty much the opposite of FF.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine