Your music taste is shit

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Your music taste is shit

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 06, 2018 1:12 am

This song is amazing too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun May 06, 2018 1:43 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:10 am
Where I like the chorus and the stringed instruments in Elanor Rigby a lot, there are better songs that do the same for me. Kinda weird concept but to me it's got a finite quality to it. Like a song that you'd end some epic tale on or something. That has nothing to do with the genre or anything.

So that feeling is completely detached from genre. Dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me.
It feels like every example you have given has a certain drive to them that Eleanor Rigby doesn't fully commit to even though it has a similar vibe. I think I get where you're coming from.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 06, 2018 1:52 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:43 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Where I like the chorus and the stringed instruments in Elanor Rigby a lot, there are better songs that do the same for me. Kinda weird concept but to me it's got a finite quality to it. Like a song that you'd end some epic tale on or something. That has nothing to do with the genre or anything.

So that feeling is completely detached from genre. Dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me.
It feels like every example you have given has a certain drive to them that Eleanor Rigby doesn't fully commit to even though it has a similar vibe. I think I get where you're coming from.
To put it into practical terms, if I were to ever have a video series about something that had a planned end, I'd be happy to use either song as the outro. Not Elanor Rigby, thought, because even if part of it has that vibe, it's too much of a downer and too Jeb! levels of energy. It's what I'd end something I'd want to have a sense of closur on with if I wanted to send people off with a melancholic feeling. It's got an epic feeling to it, but works in a different way.
Oh and speaking of The Beetles and Lemmy, this would also be a good choice:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 06, 2018 1:53 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:12 am

This song is amazing too.
the sheer power in Mercury's voice makes him still unrivaled today
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

GestapoAssiman

Post by GestapoAssiman » Sun May 06, 2018 7:37 am

Guest wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:57 am
Not ashamed to admit I like old school country, but I can't stand modern stuff. It's all hot garbage. I know I'm old as dirt but god damn... if you want pop music, listen to fucking pop music.
- and that's a good thing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 06, 2018 4:17 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:35 am
I don't like the Beatles much either. They have a couple of ok songs and the rest are trash imo.
They're pretty hit-and-miss IMO, and haven't aged that well. I guess they were considered "wild" during their days, but nowadays it's all a bit tame, and their songs tend to be a bit monotonous.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 am

Any rock/metal band along the lines of the first few posts are definitely up there as the shittest.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm
Also everything with dubstep needs to be purged. That shit was a mistake from the start. You can get more pleasing sounds by hiting a cat with a bagpipe.
Dubstep's pretty gud u shut yer mauf. Most of it's really good, actually.
Poonoo wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:08 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:27 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 am
I want to say not all nigger music is bad but I can't think of any nigger music I particularly like.
I don't listen to a lot of music in general.
I like NWA and that's about all. That Gangsta Bitch song from Saints Row 2 is fun as well.
Most gangsta rappers were poser assholes who pretended they were in a street gang when they were just normal black guys who liked hip hop. Even fucking Vanilla Ice had to lie about being stabbed because in the early 90s if you rapped you had to trick people into thinking you actually killed people on the street. When you go back and look at a lot of it they were all so plastic and fake, it's like looking at pro wrestling in the 80s and wondering how people thought it was actually real.

Despite that, nothing quite beats the sound of that era of rap compared to later on. A lot of the rappers themselves were fake, but the music sounded more raw and legit since while many weren't actual gangsters, many were like Ice Cube where they grew up poor in ghettos despite not being actual gangsters and it came out in their music. At some point in the late 90s that all went away and it sounded more corporate, and it got fucking terrible in the early 2000s with that crunk garbage.
Interestingly a lot of the harsher gangster rap groups did more serious songs that were heavily against violence. But the mainstream NWA type stuff I've heard was heavily enforced by groups like the CIA to target black people, and that's why the conscious stuff is underground.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:22 am
All forms of Soul and other chimp music are garbage. The vast majority of pop is crap as well but I don't count that as it's cynical trash that's intentionally made that way in complete knowledge that they are making trash.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Public Enemy - Harder than you think
huh
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 am

I don't see how the two correlate. I meant soul and "black beat". Basically shit like Usher and such.
rat-fuck wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 am
Dubstep's pretty gud u shut yer mauf. Most of it's really good, actually.
Are we talking dubstep or trap?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Tue May 08, 2018 4:19 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 am
I don't see how the two correlate. I meant soul and "black beat". Basically shit like Usher and such.
Relevant:
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 am

GestapoAssiman wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:38 pm
Necro bumping oh yeahhh!

Not a "complete shit" band, but a band I never understood the appeal of: Queen.
What the fuck is so special about it? Cheesy and lame pop rock songs that are often times very repetitive and offer nothing the world hadn't seen already. It's shit Slade.
The first three albums are great hard rock.

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.