Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Bobito

Re: Spoony... nothing else to say really

Post by Bobito » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:52 pm

The only thing that spoony can teach is how to be a mega cunt to every human being.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 pm
If he's that much of an obnoxious asshole about it now, imagine what a pompous twat he was when he was fresh out of school with his bachelors in hand. He likely thought the job his father got him was beneath him as well.
Yeah. Most recent college grads seem to be shocked that they aren't handed the vice-presidency of the company immediately upon walking in the door. They can't comprehend that they have to start at the bottom and work their way up. They think their degree is some sort of Game Genie level skip code.
お前はもう死んでいる。

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Spoony had opportunities many people would kill for. He had the opportunity to attend college and the technical aptitude to complete a degree in computer science, which could have resulted in a lucrative career. Then after he fucked that up, he was lucky enough to jump on the internet reviewer train at the right time and become one of the most well-known names in the business, eventually being asked to sign on with Channel Awesome. Then after he fucked THAT up, he was still making $5000 a month on Patreon for relatively little work. And he fucked that up, too!

He kept pushing the envelope because he thought everything would work itself out in the end, but now he's at a dead end with no way back.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 pm
Yeah. Most recent college grads seem to be shocked that they aren't handed the vice-presidency of the company immediately upon walking in the door. They can't comprehend that they have to start at the bottom and work their way up. They think their degree is some sort of Game Genie level skip code.
That's because they grow up being told stories from their adult family members about some young buck with a college degree walking into their factory and taking the management positions and crap. They somehow like to take that and twist it to mean, "a guy getting a high paying position in a field with mostly entry-level employees means that I can do the same anywhere," without stopping to realize that all of those people in those cubicles have degrees of their own, as well.

That and modern school systems, especially in Burgerland, pushing that agenda of, "either you go to college or you don't go anywhere," so they get this air of superiority once they have a degree in their hand.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:58 pm

He's not wrong about stealing code though, lots of coding appears to be trial and error with some theft thrown in.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Though there's a difference if you just follow standard coding patterns, borrow from open source code or just plain steal stuff.

And there is software out there made specifically to analyze code and compare it with other stuff it was fed, so being lazy might bite you in the arse later.
Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 pm
That and modern school systems, especially in Burgerland, pushing that agenda of, "either you go to college or you don't go anywhere," so they get this air of superiority once they have a degree in their hand.
We have that here in Krautland as well. Not only did it make our outdated three-tiered education system even more silly (with the lower tier initially meant for workers now being essentially a way to keep future welfare leeches off the street for a few more years), but we're having a bit of a dearth of craftsmen. A degree doesn't even guarentee you'll get paid better than a craftsman. Far from it, in fact.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 pm
Though there's a difference if you just follow standard coding patterns, borrow from open source code or just plain steal stuff.

And there is software out there made specifically to analyze code and compare it with other stuff it was fed, so being lazy might bite you in the arse later.
Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 pm
We have that here in Krautland as well. Not only did it make our outdated three-tiered education system even more silly (with the lower tier initially meant for workers now being essentially a way to keep future welfare leeches off the street for a few more years), but we're having a bit of a dearth of craftsmen. A degree doesn't even guarentee you'll get paid better than a craftsman. Far from it, in fact.
Here in burger land, my little brother included, we're seeing a surge in kids learning trades again.

My kid brothers case he's doing architecture and design, and is learning to lead design projects for industrial structures.

The software, and computer modeling he's working on is crazy shot and he's already bypassing college and their shorty internships in high school.

Colleges here all need a reality check anyway. Can't wait till the only paying customers are welfare babies while actual productive people skip it altogether.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 pm
Here in burger land, my little brother included, we're seeing a surge in kids learning trades again.
... where?

I'm not seeing a surge of anything. I'm seeing the same level of people who want to go to college and people who don't and I'm still seeing the smug superiority of kids who graduate 2 to 8 years of extra learning and have a piece of paper to show for it while working an entry level position at Wal Mart because they can't get hired on the salary they're demanding.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:11 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 pm
I'm seeing the same level of people who want to go to college and people who don't and I'm still seeing the smug superiority of kids who graduate 2 to 8 years of extra learning and have a piece of paper to show for it while working an entry level position at Wal Mart because they can't get hired on the salary they're demanding.
Yeah, I will be working in offices for the rest of my days, and every office I work in there are always 20 somethings like this. Always female, too.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:30 am

Nobody in my family ever went to college and I'm carrying the proud tradition, because going to college doesn't mean anything anymore.
I never got into programming but as far as I can tell programmers went from being uber-Chad big brain niggers to non-whites, women, """"women,"""" and bugmen.