What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:48 am

I noticed the balance mod, which was a big part of the gamei hated where you become medieval Jesus when you get plate.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:10 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:23 pm
ANyone got any good RTS's still going strong?
Nope. If you want to go back and play the best there is, World in Conflict is the game you're looking for. There has been a couple of new higher profile releases, the best one is probably the new Homeworld, except it isn't in space. Despite that, I do like it a lot, finished it on the hardest difficulty - I'm not saying that to brag, it simply entertained me enough to raise up the difficulty and get challenged to add to the already good experience. The price is still unreasonable, 45 euros is simply way too much, wait for discount and you won't regret it.

Also, I completely forgot, Spellforce 3 got released. It looks good, I've played the free demo they had before launch and that one mission was pretty good, it really kinda plays like a mix between RTS and action RPG. So that would be my tip as well.

In a year or two, Iron Harvest will likely be a thing, so that's something to look forward to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ki ... on-harvest

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm having fun with Farcry 5. It's so... American?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:36 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:18 am
without any access to the hanger.
How's that such a common typo?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Damn, I didn't even notice until I was playing the game and saw how it was spelled.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 am

Don't tell me you actually pronounce it like that as well. It's closer to "hunger" than "hanger".
Doesn't every-fucking-body know this song?:

Come on, bro. One of the best metal riffs ever.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am

Four Horsemen in ass combat 5 is seriously bullshit. AC5 is kind of bullshit in general, with a garbage animu story. AC5 is unnecessarily long, gimmicky, cruel (no return lines) and has too many vestigial elements.

AC4 is almost like an arcade game and perfect in its simplicity. ACX is just AC4 with better gameplay and diverging story paths. I have no problem saying AC4 is practically a perfect game for what it tries to do. It's amazing they went directly from a ps1 game to AC4 and added all these extra mechanics that work perfectly. They work so perfectly that AC5 tried to change things and fucked up a lot of shit, like weapon loadouts and unlocking planes.
Tomcat171

3 years ago
One of the most underrated PS2 games. As you said, story was but a layer to give context to missions and progression. Even against the later Ace Combat instalments, what it did with arcade flight and combat mechanics were just in the sweet spot and has seldom been challenged. Undoubtedly my favourite Ace Combat of the franchise.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am

Saw a stream of WH40K Inquisitor Martyr. Basic Diablo clone at heart but it has interesting leveling concepts.

Couldn't care any fucking less about RTSs in that setting, but it's nice to see it in other genres when it's half decent.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Tried to get back into divinity 2 original sin but Im starting to hate the game's faults again like with the first game.

Its almost like you need a guide next to you to play this game. You have a questlog sure but not a single indicator of that quests difficulty. And the problem with the dos games is that if you wander into an area with mobs 1 or 2 levels higher that means "you werent supposed to go here yet" and you get assraped.

Instead of playing the game Im just randomly trying to see which quest I can progress without encountering unbeatable mobs. Much dying and traveling all for nothing half the time, if you lose its not like I should attempt this battle again with different tactics, nope, it simply means you shouldnt have gone there yet....

And besides the main quests there are so many quests that dont give you enough info which turn it into guessing and seeing what the outcome will be or fucking googling the quest and then get it spoiled for you but thats the only way to know what to do or if you will get a positive or negative result.

No idea why this game gets praised so much its utter shit besides the combat system.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Divinity 2 got a lot better after you got off noob island
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]