Forums that got fucked

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Forums that got fucked

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:31 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:47 pm
There are a couple of chill boards. PSP board used to be pretty dope when I posted there. People would post up rare or unknown psp games and talk about the game mechanics in depth. This was information you couldn't get anywhere else on the internet. Want to know what the fuck Valhalla Knights is or how the game works? Yeah, don't expect mainstream reviews to tell you and nobody talks about old shit these days anyway. I've found a lot of really good games (valhalla knights isn't an example-I haven't played it) from that board.

^I mean, look at this thing! Did you even know this existed? What is this weird budget dank souls thing? :lol: I bought it recently because it's cheap and why not lel.

As for general discussion boards, kill me now. Gfaqs users have terrible opinions outside of vidya gaems.

BUT one thing I will say is I have not noticed a lot of sjws on the viday gaem boards at gfaqs. Quite to the contrary, the tone is more like /r/redpill or /r/kotakuinaction. So shitty, but shitty in a different way.
I still have saved on Dropbox the fixed version of a Breath of Fire III character build calculator someone from Gamefaqs posted. That is the kind of autistic dedication I can respect and even admire.
BlueberryRagamuffin wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 pm
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:10 am
Null tried to blackmail me for nudes shortly after his takeover.
What in God's name did he try to blackmail you with?
Being allowed to continue posting on the forum. I guess extortion might be a better term than blackmail.
Couldn't you just get a VPN and create another account? I would do that, if I ever cared about making a comeback there.

Speaking of KF, I wonder who in the Hell signs up with their Steam account on that forum. Seems the perfect way to get doxed.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Being allowed to continue posting on the forum. I guess extortion might be a better term than blackmail.
I can't believe Hotwheels looked at Null and said 'Yeah, that's the guy I want running my Infinity Next'
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:15 pm
I can't believe Hotwheels looked at Null and said 'Yeah, that's the guy I want running my Infinity Next'
Hotwheels was high on pain meds at the time (by his own admission). Hell, 8chan was idealized during a mushroom-induced high, according to him. I don't really blame the little guy for that, he has to be in constant pain because of his spine. I think that's why CodemonkeyZ ended up nominated as 8chan admin in the end.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

You'd have to be high on something to think that Null should be in a position of authority
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 am

I'm surprised any fuckwits around here have been on other forums long enough to see them fail. Especially official branded ones. :lol:

Aren't a lot of posts around here that wouldn't get heavy moderation elsewhere.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue May 01, 2018 2:53 am

There's been a lot of fighting going on in the Simpsons fan community over this "Apu is racist" bullshit. I guess it's this fandom's GamerGate, and it must have really pissed somebody off. Their forum has been hacked for days now.
http://www.nohomers.net/forum.php
Some black guy's face is on the banner:
And one of the boards is renamed "Soy Boy Central"
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue May 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Can I get a tl;dr on the NoHomers situation beyond the black man in the logo and Soy Boy Central? Never went there so I dunno the "intricate board culture" if that makes sense.
I hate that this Apu shit has legs. Al Jean doesn't care but this can't be the way the Simpsons ends. And it probably won't be. But still.

Post by Guest » Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Some black guy? You mean Michael Jordan? Am I being trolled here?

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue May 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 am
I'm surprised any fuckwits around here have been on other forums long enough to see them fail. Especially official branded ones. :lol:

Aren't a lot of posts around here that wouldn't get heavy moderation elsewhere.
People around here let loose with a lot more than they would on other forums. If anything I think of this place as my dumping ground for candid thoughts. I've been banned on other forums (and some subreddits) for calling Nobodies out on thinking they're someone important, though.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Post by Guest » Tue May 01, 2018 7:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm
Some black guy? You mean Michael Jordan? Am I being trolled here?
They really do all look the same.