Blackface

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Blackface

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Not to mention that vintage blackface is just ridiculous. It's basically clown makeup with black instead of white.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm

I guarantee you most of the people complaining about blackface today don't know why it's supposed to be offensive.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:09 pm

I guarantee you most of the people complaining about blackface today aren't even black.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:33 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:13 pm
Not to mention that vintage blackface is just ridiculous. It's basically clown makeup with black instead of white.
I remember when I was very young I had a VHS tape of old Warner Bros cartoon shorts (very old, WW2 era before Daffy Duck was the butt of the joke, there was a even WW2 propaganda on it) like Bugs Bunny. In many cases they would randomly end the show with them in blackface dancing.

I had no idea they were meant to look like black people at that age. I just thought it looked weird and just brushed it off.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:49 am

Meanwhile, I grew up with Belgian comics.
http://i.imgur.com/NDjdSi1.jpg
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:40 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:33 am
I remember when I was very young I had a VHS tape of old Warner Bros cartoon shorts (very old, WW2 era before Daffy Duck was the butt of the joke, there was a even WW2 propaganda on it) like Bugs Bunny. In many cases they would randomly end the show with them in blackface dancing.
At least Bugs didn't Rambo his way through an entire island of them like he did with the Japanese.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Fri May 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Surprised nobody caught my inclusion of Blackbond or Rachel Dolezal in this thread

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 06, 2017 6:47 am

I have no idea who Blackbond is, but poor Rachel is a transracial snowflake who deserves our undying support :3

EDIT: Holy shit she's tumblr incarnate.
Best of Wikipedia wrote:In a February 2017 interview with The Guardian, Dolezal said that she sees race as a social construct. At Howard, she was introduced to the theory that racial identity had been devised in colonial times as a method of control.

In April 2016, Dolezal announced on the Today Show that she was writing a book on her racial identity. This memoir, called In Full Color: Finding My Place in a Black and White World, was released by BenBella Books in March 2017. Dolezal claims 30 publishing houses turned her down before she found a smaller publishing company willing to print it. In the book, Dolezal compares her own experiences to slavery and reiterates her claim that she was born in a teepee. Critics described the memoir as "bizarre."

By February 2017, she was on food stamps, estranged from most of her friends, and on the brink of homelessness after having no success in finding another job.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 08, 2017 1:11 am

Suuuuure. That's why she was completely stumped by the question if she was black and couldn't answer it when her bulshittery came to light. She's white and she knows it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Ok, I guess I'm black, too since its a "social construct." Now sign me up for dem programs.
Is Spoony dead yet?