Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
drisko

Re: Movieblob

Post by drisko » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 am

Bob's sad that Toys R Us is closing because he had fond memories of it as a kid and spends most of the video trying to define why it was so meaningful to... apparently there were people who have never been to one, he assumes? Really, he just wants to hear himself talk about something that, as he points out, shouldn't matter as much as he says it does. He even tries to say that people in modern roles owe the store because they were inspired by some toy they got at Toys R Us (Racecar drivers obviously got the idea from driving around in a little kiddie car in his mind).

Maybe it was different in America, but in Australia I had maybe one or two Toys R Us stores near me because there was plenty of variety in terms of toy stores. World 4 Kids, Toy World and a bunch of local family owned toy stores that Bob seems to believe were all destroyed by big corporations back in the 80s. I never really saw it as all that special, though it was fun to go down the aisles. When I got to the point of buying my own toys/games (Paper route and chores) I usually went to other stores because they tended to be cheaper or on sale, I only went to Toys R Us when I couldn't find what I wanted, or if they had a good deal. Maybe I just don't get it.

Oh, and he confirms to anyone who assumed he was playing up his anger/cynicism for entertainment value that no, he is being genuinely stupid in every one of these videos.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:55 am

Blob is "muh nostalgia: the man."

I went there when I was a kid too (very rarely), but nobody cares, including me. It's pretty obvious why they went under. I'm honestly surprised more stores haven't been BTFO by Amazon and Walmart yet.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:34 am

I actually went there a lot back when I was into Beyblade even though, as I recall, Hasbro's Beyblades sucked shit. When I heard they were closing down I just sort of went 'aw, that's sad' and then moved on.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm

I was in one once in my life. They never had much presence here. I'm amazed they were around so long, considering that all toys are trash these days.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 pm

You didn't mention the best thing about the video; he whines about the evils of capitalism while mourning a store that sold overpriced hunks of useless plastic. In the opening of the video he outright admits that getting sad over the death of a toy store is silly, but then he tries to counter this valid argument with, "but muh emotions, muh nostalgia," and says the leftists who mock Toys "R" Us mourners are smug assholes. For the billionth time, Blob shows he doesn't have any self-awareness whatsoever.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:34 pm

drisko wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 am
He even tries to say that people in modern roles owe the store because they were inspired by some toy they got at Toys R Us (Racecar drivers obviously got the idea from driving around in a little kiddie car in his mind).
See, this is exactly why Voice's comment about Bob trying to argue Mario Tennis is the thinking man's tennis is on point.

A sophisticated intellectual like Bob can't just simply like things. No no. A sophisticated intellectual like Bob has to argue why a thing is deceptively sophisticatedly intellectual enough for him to like it. It couldn't be that Toys R' Us sold toys and that was enough. No, Toys R' Us sold futures. A kid might've grown up to become a serial rapist politician because he bought a Bill Clinton doll there once and so its closure isn't just a mildly sad thing that happened, but rather a great loss to the country, the world and a generation.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:40 pm

And everything low-brow entertainment he likes, because that's all he likes, the dumber the better, is actually super smart or culturally world changing.
That's not something new, though. After all, he called himself The Game Overthinker. He just thinks too much, guize!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:40 pm
That's not something new, though. After all, he called himself The Game Overeater. He just eats too much, guize!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:40 pm
That's not something new, though. After all, he called himself The Game Overeater. He just eats too much, guize!
Type 2 Beetus is the thinking man's disease.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Toys R Cucks truly helped to create modern civilization. And Type 2 Diabeetus is a sign of properly-evolved mutation.
drisko wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 am
Really, he just wants to hear himself talk about something that, as he points out, shouldn't matter as much as he says it does.
That's the perfect summary to anything he ever did. Minus the stuff where he thinks it actually matters.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette